Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
ISO: Appetizer ideas from the Northeastern United States
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #6501 at 10:40 pm on May 2, 2007
Hi! I'm Michael in Phoenix's son. In my 4th Grade class, we are doing a project where there are six regions and each group has to do either an appetizer, main dish, or dessert from a certain region. My group got Northeast, and we have to do an appetizer.
There are three kids in my group, and we have to prepare everything in the classrooms. The teachers will supply the ingredients, and it has to be enough for fifty people. It can be cooked or raw.
Do you have any ideas? I would really appreciate it if you would post some.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 6501. ISO: Appetizer ideas from the Northeastern United States - Michael in Phoenix - 10:40pm on 05/02/07 (20)
- What could be more North East than maple syrup?Here's appy - Liz D - 10:52pm on 05/02/07
- Hi Michael's son...How about Crab Cakes? These are great and can - orchid - 11:50pm on 05/02/07
- Buffalo chicken wings were "invented" in NY state, I think Buffalo. - AngAk - 11:56pm on 05/02/07
- Buffalo wings, that's a great kid-friendly idea. [NT] - Curious1 - 1:16am on 05/03/07
- or chunks of sharp NY cheddar on picks with crispy apple chunks. easy [NT] - AngAk - 6:49pm on 05/03/07
- I like this one too! [NT] - DawnNYS - 8:25pm on 05/03/07
- Yes, Ang, in the Anchor Bar. Urban legend(?) has it that the owner of - DawnNYS - 8:24pm on 05/03/07
- That sounds like a fun assignment, here is a site that has some recipes. Check out the deviled [LINK] - Curious1 - 1:13am on 05/03/07
- Here is a link to one of the oldest restaurants in Boston - Denice - 1:40am on 05/03/07
- Or maybe cheese fondue with bread to dip... [NT] - Denice - 1:51am on 05/03/07
- Clam chowder recipe - Denice - 2:06am on 05/03/07
- here's the link to the Official State Muffin of NY. make them mini [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 6:44pm on 05/03/07
- Some more thoughts - soft pretzels with mustard (Philadelphia), NY-style - DawnNYS - 8:45pm on 05/03/07
- I fogot mini-bagels (topped with pastrami or cream cheese, etc.) - typical - DawnNYS - 8:52pm on 05/03/07
- Rec: Easy, Soft Pretzels (link) [NT] [LINK] - DawnNYS - 7:39pm on 05/04/07
- NJ is known for tomatoes...Perhaps a tomato/Mozz/basil tart or skewer although somehow I think - barb_b - 11:49am on 05/04/07
- On the Philly theme that Dawn mentioned...Is there an appetizer for Cheese steaks?? - barb_b - 2:31pm on 05/04/07
- Maybe make a dip out of what would normally go "inside" - Rec idea inside - DawnNYS - 7:49pm on 05/04/07
- I thought about Nathan's hot dogs too. Cut up and make mini pigs in a blanket. [NT] - AngAk - 4:47pm on 05/04/07
- Thank you for the recipes and ideas! - Michael in Phoenix - 3:17am on 05/05/07