Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Most DEFinitely! I make mine the same way but leave the butter out if I am
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #718 at 11:01 pm on Feb 6, 2006
going to freeze it (and only put in some of the cheese). But really, I have eaten it 2 years old.
I freeze it in baby ziplocks. I leave the bags on the counter overnight so the ingredients get to know each other. I then stack the bags in a Tupperwar type box. Best within the first year, but they are just fine even longer.
I add butter and more cheese when I heat it to serve.
Other messages in this thread:
- 718. Expiration of frozen pesto? - lizzy - 9:25pm on 02/06/06 (10)
- Should be fine. nt [NT] - Durward - 9:36pm on 02/06/06
- I agree--it should be fine. As a suggestion, just for future reference, >> - Joe - 10:41pm on 02/06/06
- we just freeze the leaves in freezer bags... - rvb - 1:58pm on 02/07/06
- Most DEFinitely! I make mine the same way but leave the butter out if I am - Marg CDN - 11:01pm on 02/06/06
- Marg, butttter in pesto??????? But I do as Joe & you do.. I freeze - Moyn - 11:09pm on 02/06/06
- Thank you... - lizzy - 12:18am on 02/07/06
- Moyn, I use a Marcella Hazen pesto recipe with butter in it- sometimes I - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:46am on 02/07/06
- Cathy, I'd love to see the recipe, when you have a chance.. live & learn! :) NT [NT] - Moyn - 2:08pm on 02/07/06
- Sure- here it is REC Blender Pesto - CathyZ from Kauai - 9:48pm on 02/07/06
- Could I use the word 'exquisite' ? It makes it a notch above wonderful. I'm a Marcella fan. [NT] - Marg CDN - 4:50am on 02/07/06