Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Many thanks to all who helped with the party planning...
Joined: Jan 11, 2007
Posted to Thread #6676 at 4:33 am on May 21, 2007
I think this is the first time I've sat down in 3 days! Good lord, I had no idea what I'd signed on for...but alas, it's over now. Everyone was really happy with the food. Thanks for the recipes shared...I'm looking forward to trying them all this summer.
Okay, here's what the final menu looked like:
Sevillian Marinated Carrots (from the "New Spanish Table" by Anya von Bremzen)
Black Olive Paste (Tapenade from Todd English's "Olives Table"
Hummus (From "Moosewood")
Orzo Salad with Cucumber, Basil, Tomato & Feta (from The "Macrina Bakery & Cafe")
Joe's Chickpea & Green Bean Salad
Epi's Meatballs with Bulgur in Onion & Tomato Sauce
Moussaka (Recipe a blend from Culinary Communion & Epicurious)
Chocolate Stout Cake
A Cote Brownies
Strawberries with Ganache for Dipping
Okay, now that I'm looking at the list, no wonder I'm bone tired! And yes, we did have too much food. Oh well...I'm definitely learning here...
Joe's salad was great. I loved the technique of shredding the raddish. Added nice color with a bit of bite.
I made the salads and the meatballs because I wasn't sure how the moussaka would go over. It turned out to be a huge hit...much to my surprise.
On Friday I thought we'd have 30 people then over the weekend, I learned it would be more like 50. By then, I'd already made the cake, so I made brownies to fill in. Strawberries were on sale and amazing...dipped in left over ganache from the cake.
Okay, I'm off to bed now! Many thanks again everyone.
You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do
something about its depth. - M
Other messages in this thread:
- 6676. Many thanks to all who helped with the party planning... [LINK] - Traca - 4:33am on 05/21/07 (8)
- Traca, I'm amazed you had the energy to type last night. I'm so glad your party was a success [LINK] - Joe - 2:59pm on 05/21/07
- Hey Joe, the carrot recipe is posted at [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 4:29am on 05/25/07
- Ooops, got ahead of myself. Marinated carrot REC is at 6717. [NT] - Traca - 4:30am on 05/25/07
- Congratulations, Traca- very nice menu. I agree with Joe- put it in menus please [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:52pm on 05/21/07
- Maybe we could have a "menu challenge". I could sure use some more menu suggestions in T&T - AngAk - 7:44pm on 05/21/07
- "simple but went together well" is exactly what the Menu section needs, I think! [NT] - Joe - 10:42pm on 05/21/07
- very impressive menu Traca, you must be very pleased with the outcome. :-) [NT] - Randi - 8:50pm on 05/21/07
- Yes, this worked out really well. I'm so happy! BTW, the menu is now posted. [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 5:23am on 05/25/07