Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Hey Randi and Joe - Lemon Buttermilk Cake with Strawberries - YUM!
Joined: Jun 16, 2006
Posted to Thread #7135 at 11:34 pm on Jul 3, 2007
We loved it...
... and can love it 2 more times...
and, yes, I did change the recipe (I'm so baaaaad!) I didn't have the three 9" rounds so I followed the recipe to the letter and then baked the cake in a 12x18 jelly roll pan, cut it into 9 rectangles and made the first of three 3-layer tortes for dinner tonight. The rectangular torte sliced easily into 4 big pieces - plenty for the four of us! And the other 6 rectangles along with the two 1/3 packages of frosting, are safe in the freezer for the next batch of ripe strawberries!
Thank-you for sharing your recipe! Colleen
Link: LEMON BUTTERMILK CAKE WITH STRAWBERRIES
Other messages in this thread:
- 7135. Hey Randi and Joe - Lemon Buttermilk Cake with Strawberries - YUM! [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 11:34pm on 07/03/07 (5)
- How clever to make it into several small cakes! Randi, I think the T&T rights belong to you - Joe - 1:16am on 07/04/07
- What a great Idea to bake in the roll pan! I think I will do that with other recipes. - Luisa_Calif - 3:05pm on 07/04/07
- what a clever idea Colleen. try it with nice, fresh and sweet blackberries sometime. it's just - Randi - 5:50pm on 07/05/07
- I posted in T&T. this was also a big hit back on the swamp when I posted it in 1995 :-) [NT] - Randi - 6:02pm on 07/05/07
- Swamp?? Back then we were making alligator jerky, so we've evolved! heehee [NT] - cheezz - 1:54am on 07/06/07