Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Update: found a nice rosemary plant and root-bound sage and parsley at the local garden store.
Joined: Dec 28, 2005
Posted to Thread #7452 at 9:12 pm on Aug 6, 2007
Over the weekend, I planted these in planters, and gave DH strict admonitions not to touch, even if he thinks they're ugly. Also, for future protection, I took cuttings from the thyme, marjoram, and tarragon.
DH's purge also took out all the nice green peppermint (he left the sunburned mint in the planter...??). When I complained, he pointed out he'd *dried* a bunch, and what would I ever use fresh mint in. SIGH. So I made Traca's Cucumber Salad with Thai Lime Dressing using dried mint in the dressing. It was good, but not as good as with fresh mint.
Thank you all for commiserating, and especially thanks Randi for your offer of a care package. I think the rosemary plant I got over the weekend will be enough. It's comforting to know there are people out there who don't think I'm nuts to mourn the loss of what might look like a few ugly plants.
It's so funny that others' husbands have done similar things! When we first moved in, I was delighted to find a big old lilac next to the deck. Within a couple of days, DH had cut it down to the ground. Fortunately, you can't kill a lilac that easily, and within a couple of years, it was back to almost its original size. I'm hoping the peppermint comes back too.
Other messages in this thread:
- 7452. *Sniff* Just got back from a conference, and DH had taken out half my herb garden. - Junebug - 8:09pm on 08/03/07 (13)
- good grief ((((June)))) that's just aweful! will we be seeing his face on the back of a - Randi - 8:30pm on 08/03/07
- Randi, an update on your rosemary and babiana. - AngAk - 8:07pm on 08/06/07
- it will be fine and should bloom in the spring and through the summer into fall. glad you had fun - Randi - 10:24pm on 08/06/07
- Oh Junebug... - Dawn_MO - 8:49pm on 08/03/07
- Husbands do the strangest things. Mine built a workshop and... - KarenNoCA - 12:27am on 08/04/07
- while my friend and I were in Paris her new husband cut down a 25 year old wisteria vine to ..... - Janet in NC - 2:17am on 08/04/07
- woah, I will never complain about Don not doing enough outside stuff again. [LINK] - Randi - 4:29pm on 08/05/07
- Oh Randi... - Dawn_MO - 11:44pm on 08/05/07
- I've watched it over and over and it still to crack me up! '-))) [NT] - Randi - 4:19pm on 08/06/07
- OY, note to self: read post before submitting! it still cracks me up! [NT] - Randi - 4:46pm on 08/06/07
- Update: found a nice rosemary plant and root-bound sage and parsley at the local garden store. - Junebug - 9:12pm on 08/06/07
- that's great. be careful with the potted rosemary. when we had the freeze last nov. the only - Randi - 10:27pm on 08/06/07
- Oh Junebug, how depressing! If it's any consolation - DawnNYS - 8:39pm on 08/08/07