Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Has anyone else tried David's peanut butter/chocolate ice cream
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #7791 at 11:51 am on Sep 4, 2007
I tried it this weekend and it ends up with a chalky taste to us. The recipe specifies dutch process cocoa, so I used Droste. No eggs and not much cream, so it scoops nicely, but melts incredibly fast.
The first bite gives the chalky hit, then the peanut butter kicks in, then the chocolate.
We were forced to drizzle on raspberry sauce to confuse the tongue and convert the taste from chalky to sublime. Taste buds got an immediate hit of raspberry, then peanut butter, then chocolate.
okay, we threw in some sliced bananas to justify a fruit serving.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- What a fun post! Thank Meryl...QCSS cracks me up!!! [NT] - Traca - 10:44pm on 09/03/07
- You're welcome, Traca. I'll have to remember "QCSS" and use it somewhere! [NT] - Meryl - 11:28pm on 09/03/07
- Hey Traca, whatever happened to your chocolate ice cream taste tests? [NT] - Meryl - 11:38pm on 09/03/07
- Never happened. I got sidelined with a bunch of other projects. However, I do have, seriously - Traca - 11:52pm on 09/03/07
- I'll be right over! [NT] - Meryl - 12:08am on 09/04/07
- Has anyone else tried David's peanut butter/chocolate ice cream - MarilynFL - 11:51am on 09/04/07
- I have MarilynFL - I LOVED it! [NT] - CactusSue - 1:47pm on 09/04/07
- Sue, what cocoa did you use? So...no chalky taste, huh? I can't imagine - MarilynFL - 2:31pm on 09/04/07
- Marilyn - I used Schokinag Dutch Process - and I also made it with KA Dutch Process - [NT] - CactusSue - 3:06pm on 09/04/07
- Sorry, not chalky at all - both blended quickly and easily. [NT] - CactusSue - 3:08pm on 09/04/07
- Thanks sue...that's good to know. I did sub a bit (1/4 C) of evap milk - MarilynFL - 3:56pm on 09/04/07
- Does this mean I can't use my Scharffen Berger cocoa (not alkalized)? [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:59pm on 09/04/07
- Maybe I love ice cream so much that my palette isn't as sophisticated as your's! - CactusSue - 5:13pm on 09/04/07
- Oh susie q, don't go worrying about your palette.... - MarilynFL - 6:25pm on 09/04/07
- well, obviously my tongue can't tell "chalky". I came home, tasted it again - MarilynFL - 10:27pm on 09/04/07
- there's a 6th marilyn... - rvb - 1:18am on 09/05/07