Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
here's one i googled up, dawn. dunno how good they are.
Joined: Jan 11, 2006
Posted to Thread #7896 at 4:39 pm on Sep 13, 2007
John Kessler's Pickled Green Cherry Tomatoes (or tomolives)
By: Angie Mosier
# of Servings: 20
Description: My friend and Atlanta Journal-Constitution writer John Kessler offered this pickled green tomato recipe as we looked over his very abundant backyard garden. These are excellent served with food or in a cocktail. Important Note: These are not properly cured pickles, so they must be kept cold. Unless you're sterilizing your vessels and using pickling salt, fermentation will occur. You could also use quartered, large green tomatoes, which are a bit easier to come by commercially.
Ingredients: 1 quart green cherry tomatoes or quartered large green tomatoes
1/2 bunch dill (about 6-8 stems)
1 or 2 hot peppers, such as serrano or habanero (if you are brave) sliced in half (optional)
1/2 cup cider vinegar
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
5 large cloves garlic, peeled and thickly sliced
Directions: Stem the tomatoes and pierce each at the stem end with a thin chopstick or skewer. Place in a clean, heat-proof quart Mason jar. Top with the whole dill sprigs and optional pepper.
Bring 11/2 cups water, vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic to a boil. Pour the hot liquid over the tomatoes to submerge. Stir the dill and garlic pieces into the jar a bit. Cover and let come to room temperature. Store overnight in the refrigerator.
The hardest thing to understand in the world is the income tax.
Other messages in this thread:
- 7896. ISO: recipe for pickled green cherry tomatoes? I think they are called "tomolives" ? Thanks! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 1:26pm on 09/13/07 (6)
- here's one i googled up, dawn. dunno how good they are. - rvb - 4:39pm on 09/13/07
- and another. - rvb - 4:43pm on 09/13/07
- Thanks rvb, I will give them a try. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 6:00pm on 09/14/07
- YOu had to ask a martini question...I've made them, of course. The recipe came from - Marg CDN - 9:49pm on 09/15/07
- I think this is it. I always insisted that the woman at Gail's was I...& my jar of tomolives. - Marg CDN - 9:51pm on 09/15/07