Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Pat in TO||
REC: Banana Bread/Cake--Rich flavor
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Posted to Thread #767 at 12:57 am on Feb 18, 2006
Sorry it took so long...I only get here on the weekends
From Ruth Goldfarb’s 1960’s Kitchen via Pat's
6 Tablespoons soft butter
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cup sour cream…+ some more
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup mashed,ripe bananas…+ some more
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
Optional additions: chopped walnuts, dried cherries, whatever sounds good or whatever you have.
Preheat oven to 350F. Cream butter and sugar. Add sour cream, vanilla, bananas, and eggs and mix well.
Mix dry ingredients then add to banana mixture. Blend well adding options as you wish.
Scrape into a buttered or sprayed loaf pan…one or several as you wish
Bake about 50 minutes…depending on pan shape and size…until inserted pick is withdrawn almost dry.
Let it cool if you can. It’s really decadent toasted with a little butter and/or jam.
Other messages in this thread:
- 767. An old "Gail Swapper" from way back... - Pat in TO - 12:51am on 02/11/06 (22)
- Welcome Home! [NT] - rvb - 1:06am on 02/11/06
- I just faxed a faded 1996 copy of your White Lasagna... - Pat in TO - 1:13am on 02/11/06
- Greetings, and welcomings!! [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 2:26am on 02/11/06
- Hi Pat! There is a convulted way to find stuff in the archives... [LINK] - Sandi in Hawaii - 4:57am on 02/11/06
- Thank! I'll remember that! (NT) [NT] - Pat in TO - 3:52pm on 02/11/06
- Hi Pat, is this the recipe? REC: Lasagna with Spinach, Artichoke and Lemon... - Dawn_MO - 2:27pm on 02/11/06
- That's the one! - Pat in TO - 3:50pm on 02/11/06
- Welcome back into the fold, Pat! [NT] - RuthAB - 1:27am on 02/11/06
- Hi Pat! :o) [NT] - Mimi - 1:28am on 02/11/06
- Woo-HOO! You made it! It does my heart good to see you posting [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:34am on 02/11/06
- Hi Pat! - sandra-in-london - 2:07pm on 02/11/06
- Not in Tokyo anymore... - Pat in TO - 3:55pm on 02/11/06
- Wecome Back:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:29pm on 02/11/06
- I'm pretty sure I have you to thank for the most wonderful Banana Bread recipe from years ago:) - deb-in-MI - 8:01pm on 02/11/06
- Hi Pat, I remember you from the Tokyo days!! It's so nice to - EvaN - 3:37pm on 02/11/06
- Welcome back, Pat. It's sooooo great seeing all the old regulars come back to the fold! :) NT [NT] - Moyn - 5:59pm on 02/11/06
- Pat! - BonnieinHolland - 7:43pm on 02/11/06
- Hi Pat! Good to see you. You'll love it here. [NT] - DawnNYS - 8:38pm on 02/13/06
- Pat, so good to see you again... - RuthSF - 6:26pm on 02/17/06