Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
No problems with making these...
Joined: Oct 9, 2007
Posted to Thread #9845 at 9:00 pm on Feb 22, 2008
In her book-Bittersweet,in the introduction to the brownie recipes, Alice says to get the chocolate /butter mixture quite hot--about 150 degrees F., then immediately add the sugar and salt and vanilla and stir. She is emphatic about beating enough after the flour is added.
I followed her directions to the letter, and was very pleased. I think I used Ghiradelli chocolate for the batches I mailed, and regular sugar-the direction don't call for superfine sugar. I placed the uncut square of brownies between two pieces of heavy cardboard for mailing: Jenna said they were just fine when the box arrived at her dorm.
Other messages in this thread:
- 9845. Has anyone here tried Alice Medrich's "ice bath" fudgy brownies? Comments? [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 4:45pm on 02/22/08 (12)
- I say they are the best... - DJM - 6:13pm on 02/22/08
- Oh excellent, DJM...because I want to mail these. A few more questions... - MarilynFL - 7:02pm on 02/22/08
- No problems with making these... - DJM - 9:00pm on 02/22/08
- Ah, I'll bet I know the difference now. Those comments referenced the same recipe in "Chocolate - MarilynFL - 11:43pm on 02/22/08
- welcome DJM! [NT] - AngAk - 1:06am on 02/23/08
- Thank you; I'm a long-time lurker.... - DJM - 2:20pm on 02/23/08
- YES! Welcome to this wonderful chat... nice folks here :) [NT] - cheezz - 8:23pm on 02/23/08
- Have you ever tried that next recipe down the page...Fudge Brownies Supreme? [NT] - cheezz - 8:25pm on 02/23/08
- If you lived up here, you wouldn't need the water bath, just place the pan in the snow out back. [NT] - AngAk - 7:15pm on 02/22/08
- If I lived up there, I'd bet there would be liquor, chocolate and giggles involved. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:19pm on 02/22/08
- Ya. Don't you just love that about winter? Can you think of ANYthing else? [NT] - Marg CDN - 10:31pm on 02/22/08
- not really. I have 2 bottles of wine chilling out back right now, and some bread dough to bake - AngAk - 11:15pm on 02/22/08