Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Thanks Sandy, did you substitute the whole wheat flour with whole wheat pastry flour?
Joined: Dec 8, 2005
Posted to Thread #1071 at 5:54 pm on Mar 8, 2006
I am under the strong impression that the two are not interchangeable for bread-like items because there's not enough gluten in the pastry flour. Thanks.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -JRRT
Other messages in this thread:
- 1071. I accidentally bought whole wheat PASTRY flour. Now what? - Mimi - 5:06pm on 03/08/06 (12)
- I made garlic rotis without the paste using ghee (Indian clarified butter) [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 5:51pm on 03/08/06
- Thanks Sandy, did you substitute the whole wheat flour with whole wheat pastry flour? - Mimi - 5:54pm on 03/08/06
- No I didn’t Mimi… Sorry, I completely forgot the word pastry!! [NT] - Sandy_in_Philly - 6:49pm on 03/08/06
- Ok, thanks Sandy! Those Garlic Rotis look good anyway. ;o) [NT] - Mimi - 6:55pm on 03/08/06
- hi sandy - have you ever added dry spices to reguar roti dough?>> - michelle - 4:23pm on 03/09/06
- I never added or heard of spices in roti dough before, so I did a little research. - Sandy_in_Philly - 7:09pm on 03/09/06
- i'll go ahead & try it Monday night at the class - I'll let you know how it comes out! [NT] - michelle - 7:49pm on 03/09/06
- Oh, I hate it when I buy the wrong thing, here are a few recipes... [LINK] - FoodMuse - 10:01pm on 03/08/06
- Hi Mimi! ellen's kitchen has some hints that might help. [NT] [LINK] - rvb - 10:02pm on 03/08/06
- Thanks guys those both have some great ideas. Especially pie crust! [NT] - Mimi - 3:48pm on 03/09/06
- Mimi, get your tawa out! – lol! This roti recipe uses whole wheat pastry flour [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 7:06pm on 03/09/06
- In Japan I accidentally bought salt instead of sugar... - Pat in TO - 5:02pm on 03/10/06