Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I never added or heard of spices in roti dough before, so I did a little research.
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #1071 at 7:09 pm on Mar 9, 2006
See my post to Mimi on this thread along with the recipe link. It would be great if you can share your East Indian cuisine expertise with us! Your idea is creative.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1071. I accidentally bought whole wheat PASTRY flour. Now what? - Mimi - 5:06pm on 03/08/06 (12)
- I made garlic rotis without the paste using ghee (Indian clarified butter) [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 5:51pm on 03/08/06
- Thanks Sandy, did you substitute the whole wheat flour with whole wheat pastry flour? - Mimi - 5:54pm on 03/08/06
- No I didn’t Mimi… Sorry, I completely forgot the word pastry!! [NT] - Sandy_in_Philly - 6:49pm on 03/08/06
- Ok, thanks Sandy! Those Garlic Rotis look good anyway. ;o) [NT] - Mimi - 6:55pm on 03/08/06
- hi sandy - have you ever added dry spices to reguar roti dough?>> - michelle - 4:23pm on 03/09/06
- I never added or heard of spices in roti dough before, so I did a little research. - Sandy_in_Philly - 7:09pm on 03/09/06
- i'll go ahead & try it Monday night at the class - I'll let you know how it comes out! [NT] - michelle - 7:49pm on 03/09/06
- Oh, I hate it when I buy the wrong thing, here are a few recipes... [LINK] - FoodMuse - 10:01pm on 03/08/06
- Hi Mimi! ellen's kitchen has some hints that might help. [NT] [LINK] - rvb - 10:02pm on 03/08/06
- Thanks guys those both have some great ideas. Especially pie crust! [NT] - Mimi - 3:48pm on 03/09/06
- Mimi, get your tawa out! – lol! This roti recipe uses whole wheat pastry flour [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 7:06pm on 03/09/06
- In Japan I accidentally bought salt instead of sugar... - Pat in TO - 5:02pm on 03/10/06