Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Pat in TO||
It's "traditional" to boil up the cabbage...
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Posted to Thread #1115 at 12:07 am on Mar 14, 2006
...in the cooking liquid after you take out your corned beef. This is great served with butter and a little vinegar. And BTW......if you're game...you can corn your own beef ...and it's really good...though you may be out of time by now. I did it in Japan because they will not sell corned beef (though I occsionally smuggled some in).
Anyway.... you may find more takers... and more substance... if you make Potatoes Colcannon where you cook the potato and cabbage together then mash it up, add some scallions or chives, a little butter and cheese and bake en casserole...very yummy. I'll post a better recipe if you're interested.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1115. Did we do this yet? ISO your St. Patrick's Day (week) creations? [NT] - DawnNYS - 9:59pm on 03/13/06 (19)
- Traditional but terrified >>> - ErininIsrael - 11:27pm on 03/13/06
- What are you braising the cabbage in? - judy-mass - 11:45pm on 03/13/06
- Using the World's Best Rec below :-), but this also sounds good (and quick!) [NT] - ErininIsrael - 7:35am on 03/14/06
- It's "traditional" to boil up the cabbage... - Pat in TO - 12:07am on 03/14/06
- Rec: World's Best Braised Green Cabbage ...This is delicious if you want to braise it>> - Curious1 - 12:40am on 03/14/06
- This is a favorite! Could you post it up in favorites! [NT] - AngAk - 1:57am on 03/14/06
- Done. [NT] - Curious1 - 2:54pm on 03/14/06
- Not a complaint, but a question ;o) I thought the "Favorite Recipes" forum... - DawnNYS - 8:56pm on 03/14/06
- This recipe was from "the other place". I thought it needed to find a new home here :) [NT] - AngAk - 9:11pm on 03/14/06
- Okay, 'question answered (I'm doing it right) ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 9:45pm on 03/14/06
- Thanks!! I can't wait to try this out [NT] - RoseM - 3:50am on 03/14/06
- I will attest to this recipe. It is truly the world's best. [NT] - Durward - 12:26pm on 03/14/06
- Do you think this would work with butter instead of olive oil? - Pat in TO - 8:11pm on 03/17/06
- an Emeril tweak to this..... - Janet in NC - 8:20pm on 03/19/06
- Yes, Pat, please post the recipe for the casserole. TIA. [NT] - DawnNYS - 9:47pm on 03/14/06
- I was going to make the traditional "New England Boiled Dinner" with... - DawnNYS - 9:07pm on 03/14/06
- Some favorites. - AngAk - 9:16pm on 03/14/06