Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Another great one: Carrot, Orange, and Radish Salad...
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #1127 at 6:25 am on Mar 15, 2006
CARROT, ORANGE, AND RADISH SALAD
1 lb Carrots, peeled & shredded
1 lg Orange, cut into bite-sized chunks (I used 2 medium oranges)
1 lg Onion, cut into bite-sized chunks (I used 1 bunch scallions, chopped)
3/4 c Radishes, thinly sliced
1/2 c Cilantro, chopped
3 tb Olive oil
2 tb Lemon juice
2 tb Orange juice
1 dash Orange-blossom water (optional)
1 dash Cinnamon
Salt & pepper
Cilantro or flat leaf parsley as garnish
Combine carrots, oranges, radishes & cilantro in a salad bowl.
Whisk together the olive oil, juices, orange-blossom water, cinnamon, salt & pepper & pour over the salad. Cover & chill.
Serve garnished with cilantro or flat leaf parsley.
Adapted from my files.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1127. ISO your best cold salad recipes ... - MiainMD - 2:10am on 03/15/06 (30)
- Broccoli Salad within... - Glennis_NoCA - 5:51am on 03/15/06
- Two REC: "Curried Couscous Salad With Dried Cranberries" and "Thai-Style Pasta Salad".... - Meryl - 6:22am on 03/15/06
- Another great one: Carrot, Orange, and Radish Salad... - Meryl - 6:25am on 03/15/06
- I want to make this but don't know what Marie's Poppyseed dressing is... - Mimi - 3:13am on 03/17/06
- Mimi, if you can't find a Marie's clone, Pat in TO posted one at 1127.19. [NT] - RuthAB - 3:22am on 03/17/06
- Marie's is usually in the produce section stores, refrigerated. [NT] - AngAk - 7:46pm on 03/17/06
- Pea salad - Durward - 12:27pm on 03/15/06
- Oooh, I love pea salad! And I just got some dried tarragon from Penzeys - can I use that? - Sandi in Hawaii - 5:34am on 03/16/06
- REc: Grilled Potatoes and Zucchini with Goat Cheese, Radicchio and Sherry Viniagrette (Bobby Flay) - barb_b - 2:01pm on 03/15/06
- Garbanzo & Carrot - BobbiJoAZ - 2:10pm on 03/15/06
- Rec: Elegant Wild RIce Salad - MarkinHouston - 2:14pm on 03/15/06
- Rec: Szechwan White Cut Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce - Pat-NoCal - 3:21pm on 03/15/06
- Rec: Cranberry Walnut Salad - Pat-NoCal - 3:22pm on 03/15/06
- I love this, it's awesome. [NT] - Mimi - 4:35pm on 03/15/06
- Rec: Couscous Carnivale - Pat-NoCal - 3:24pm on 03/15/06
- REC: Oriental Cabbage Grape Salad - RuthAB - 4:21pm on 03/15/06
- Rec: General Sri Wasno's Infamous Indonesian Rice Salad - Richard in Cincy - 5:41pm on 03/15/06
- Tried, True, Tremendous [NT] [LINK] - ErininIsrael - 7:42pm on 03/15/06
- Oops, meant to add that it's a Chicken Curry Salad rec [NT] - ErininIsrael - 7:43pm on 03/15/06
- Yummy! Thanks for the ideas. NT [NT] - MiainMD - 7:49pm on 03/15/06
- Try the Frog Eye salad posted up in favorites. It's a great pasta/fruit salad. - AngAk - 8:32pm on 03/15/06
- And a nice platter of cold roasted veggies with viniagrette would be good. [NT] - AngAk - 8:34pm on 03/15/06
- I have this marvelous cookbook that has different and so delicious salads (and soups and tarts etc) - Heather_in_SF - 9:49pm on 03/15/06
- REC: Tabouli - Junebug - 12:39am on 03/16/06
- REC: Epi's MEDITERRANEAN PASTA SALAD WITH OLIVES AND CAPERS [NT] [LINK] - Junebug - 12:42am on 03/16/06
- One more... REC: Epi's CHICKEN SALAD WITH GRAPES AND WALNUTS [NT] [LINK] - Junebug - 12:43am on 03/16/06
- Just had to weigh in, REC: Orzo with Sundried Tomatoes & Prosciutto - Steve2 in LA - 2:21am on 03/16/06
- Wow! So many great recipes - Mia, how are you ever going to choose?!! [NT] - Meryl - 3:22am on 03/16/06
- I have no idea! They all look so yummy, too. Looks like we'll be eating a lot - MiainMD - 5:03am on 03/17/06
- Spinach and Poppy Seed Salad - Pat in TO - 10:15pm on 03/16/06