Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Lemon Ice Cream Surprise
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #10986 at 5:01 pm on Jun 10, 2008
(I wanted a stronger lemon taste, so I added much more lemonade (about 4 oz/1/2 cup more). This, of course, made the ice cream a lot thinner than it was supposed to be, but it still came out great. Next time I may add some finely grated lemon zest to the original amount of lemonade).
LEMON ICE CREAM SURPRISE
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup margarine, melted (I used unsalted butter)
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
1 (6.00 ounces) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed (one person used frozen orange juice)
1. Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted margarine (or butter).
2. Spread evenly in the bottom of your dish. (Poster uses an 8" square glass baking dish - I used an 8" square metal pan).
3. Thoroughly mix together vanilla ice cream with lemonade concentrate.
4. Pour ice cream mixture onto prepared crust.
5. Freeze at least 4 hours before serving. (I recommend covering the pan and freezing overnight).
posted by Mer - Recipezaar
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 10986. What kind of fruit salads or desserts do you make for summer get togethers? - Dawn_MO - 3:18pm on 06/10/08 (31)
- Strawberry Shortcake made with broken pieces of pie pastry instead of shortcakes. Ambrosia (the - Melissa Dallas - 4:14pm on 06/10/08
- what a good idea! I have a big sweet tart shell & 2 minis in the freezer from last... - Luisa_Calif - 4:20pm on 06/10/08
- Melissa ~ your strawberry shortcake sounds very delicious ~ mind sharing the recipe please :) [NT] - dianncy1964 - 4:50pm on 06/10/08
- No recipe really. Just make your favorite pie pastry (a slightly sweet one is good) - Melissa Dallas - 12:24pm on 06/11/08
- dianncy... I'm not Melissa, but here is my favorite pie crust and how I do the strawberries... - cheezz - 2:03am on 06/12/08
- Ditto, ditto and DITTO!! That's how we always had strawberry short'cake' growing up :) [NT] - cheezz - 3:46am on 06/11/08
- That is how my grandmother on my mom's side always made hers. I'm not much - Melissa Dallas - 12:26pm on 06/11/08
- REC: Fresh Fruit Sundae Snack - Meryl - 4:55pm on 06/10/08
- REC: Melons with Ginger Syrup - Meryl - 4:57pm on 06/10/08
- REC: Lemon Ice Cream Surprise [LINK] - Meryl - 5:01pm on 06/10/08
- You can't go wrong with a Classic Fruit Tart. - Richard in Cincy - 5:11pm on 06/10/08
- PS: Another Variation: Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts - Richard in Cincy - 5:15pm on 06/10/08
- this is great Richard. I'm going to make these when the grandkids come to visit. they'll love it. [NT] - AngAk - 9:35pm on 06/10/08
- Richard, I'm on my way to make Julia's pastry cream that Cathy Z posted. - orchid - 5:20pm on 06/10/08
- The cream will take about 2 tbls. of liquid. - Richard in Cincy - 5:24pm on 06/10/08
- Perfect! Thanks Richard. [NT] - orchid - 5:49pm on 06/10/08
- One more ? Richard or whomever is around...can you tell I'm nota dessert maker? - orchid - 8:52pm on 06/10/08
- Orchid, I would make all the parts the day before... - Richard in Cincy - 10:09pm on 06/10/08
- Thanks Richard, that's exactly where I'm at. I'll just put it together tomorrow afternoon. Thanks! [NT] - orchid - 11:11pm on 06/10/08
- Richard, I make these with my German torte pan, I think called a maryann pan here? and use a simple - AngAk - 5:46pm on 06/10/08
- Ang, I've got the German torte pan too and they are very nice to use for the base - Richard in Cincy - 6:17pm on 06/10/08
- the only drawback with the cake base is it's not as deep so you can't stuff it as full of fruit as - AngAk - 9:33pm on 06/10/08
- Devonshire Cream works well too...and you don't even have to cook it. - MarilynFL - 7:11pm on 06/10/08
- ohhhh, this sounds good! [NT] - AngAk - 9:34pm on 06/10/08
- This is the one I am leaning towards, mostly because I am not a huge - Dawn_MO - 12:39am on 06/11/08
- Not much of a fruit salad fan. I do the tarts that Richard described with pastry cream & raspberries - Marg CDN - 3:32am on 06/11/08
- Homemade ice cream sandwiches (cookies homemade at least), individually wrapped! [LINK] - cheezz - 3:47am on 06/11/08
- Wow! They look great! Did you save me one??? [NT] - Meryl - 3:51am on 06/11/08
- Thanks everyone! With the group that is coming I really think that Richard's - Dawn_MO - 4:23am on 06/11/08
- BTW, I do mine with press-in-pan pastry using removable-bottom pans. It's very easy - Marg CDN - 2:37pm on 06/11/08
- Lemon Polenta Cake topped with cream and fresh berries - Mimi - 12:23pm on 06/12/08