Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Chicken Pinot Noir
Joined: Jan 5, 2007
Posted to Thread #11268 at 9:44 pm on Jul 2, 2008
Here's a recipe that originated in Cooking Light in 1994 - I have made several changes and it's no longer "light" unless you leave out the butter, but I think it tastes a lot better... Chicken Pinot Noir Serves 8 8 skinless boneless chicken breast*** vegetable cooking spray 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard 1/4 teaspoon ground mace 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin 1/4 teaspoon sage 1/4 teaspoon pepper 5 cloves garlic -- peeled 2 medium onions -- peeled & quartered 1 cup pinot noir*** 14.5 ounces italian style stewed tomatoes, undrained*** 1/2 stick butter Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in a 13x9x2" baking pan coated with cooking spray (olive oil). Combine salt and next 5 ingredients and stir well. Rub chicken with the spice mixture. Arrange garlic cloves and onions around the chicken. Combine the pinot noir and remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken and vegetables in the pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken and vegetables and keep warm - transfer sauce to a pan and reduce by 1/4 - add butter and whisk until incorporated. Serve with wild rice. *** I used a mix of thighs and breasts *** I used a Brouilly instead of Pinot Noir *** I did not have stewed tomatoes, so I used a can of regular tomatoes and seasoned with s&p, oregano, basil, maggi, etc... to taste.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11268. ISO Sandra's Chicken Pinot Noir rec.....Can't find it, and am gail's search challenged...TIA [NT] - barb_b - 9:22pm on 07/02/08 (5)
- Chicken Pinot Noir - rosie - 9:44pm on 07/02/08
- Thanks so much Rosie!! Appreciate your quick response!! Will be dinner tonight!~ [NT] - barb_b - 9:51pm on 07/02/08
- Was as good as I remembered! Thanks again Sandra for a great rec, and thx to Rosie for finding it! [NT] - barb_b - 1:18am on 07/06/08
- Yes,thanks for finding it! I had lost it... it's a nice one [NT] - sandra-in-australia - 10:32am on 07/06/08
- should it be in T&T? [NT] - AngAk - 12:01am on 07/08/08