Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Sorry Curious. This is the simple cookie crust that I use REC: Shortbread Cookie Crust...
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #11320 at 4:11 pm on Jul 9, 2008
Shortbread Cookie Crust
2 teaspoons butter -- at room temperature
3/4 cup shortbread cookies -- finely ground into crumbs
1 1/2 tablespoons butter -- melted, cooled to room temperature
1. Place oven rack in center of over; heat to 350 deg. Coat bottom and sides of 9-inch metal pie pan or glass pie plate evenly with unmelted butter; reserve.
2. Place crumbs in small bowl. Drizzle melted butter over crumbs. Stir and toss mixture vigorously with fork until slightly darkened and uniform.
3. Press crumb mixture evenly on bottom and sides (but not rim) of reserved pan; refrigerate 5 min. Bake crust 5 min. Cool on wire rack to room temp. before filling, about 30 min.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11320. REC: Blueberry Cheese Pie... - charlie - 5:28pm on 07/08/08 (2)
- This looks wonderful. The crust recipe seems to be missing. Do you use it or something different? [NT] - Curious1 - 2:40pm on 07/09/08
- Sorry Curious. This is the simple cookie crust that I use REC: Shortbread Cookie Crust... - charlie - 4:11pm on 07/09/08