Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
HUGE thank you for Rec:Grilled Lemongrass Prawn with Garlic noodles! Not sure
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #11423 at 11:52 pm on Jul 17, 2008
who is responsible for bringing this recipe to notice....Joe, Marilyn or Marge but it is so good! I used Udon noodles cause I had some that I want to use up and a spinach salad with sliced hard boiled eggs, Mandarin oranges and honey mustard dressing. Fantastic!
Grilled Lemongrass Prawns with Garlic Noodles, PF Chang’s
1 pound large prawns, shell on, split down back side (butterfly)
1 each lemon wedge for garnish
1 stick butter, unsalted
1 fluid ounce olive oil
1 tablespoon lemongrass, minced (or substitute 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest)
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon shaoxing wine (or substitute dry sherry)
1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
1 teaspoon garlic
1/2 tablespoon red Fresno chili
1/2 tablespoon jalapeno
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 each scallions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon shallot, minced
8 ounces Chow Mein noodles (or substitute pasta and follow directions on package)
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
To make Lemongrass Sauce: Simmer all ingredients for 1 minute Pour halve the sauce over prawns and let marinade for 1 hour. Reserve remaining sauce to drizzle over grilled prawns.
To make Garlic Noodles:
Simmer butter with seasonings for 3 minutes over very low heat.
Place Noodles in boiling water and boil for 2 minutes.
Drain well BUT DO NOT RINSE WITH WATER.
While noodles are still hot add seasoned butter and toss well.
Add Kosher Salt and Black Pepper to taste.
Grill Prawns flesh side down, 1 to 3 minutes.
Flip Prawns and cook another 1 to 3 minutes until prawns are just done.
Place Garlic Noodles on serving dish.
Place Grilled Prawns over Garlic Noodles.
Pour remaining Lemongrass Sauce over Grilled Prawns.
Garnish with Lemon wedge.
Cautions that there may be too much oil.
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11423. HUGE thank you for Rec:Grilled Lemongrass Prawn with Garlic noodles! Not sure [LINK] - orchid - 11:52pm on 07/17/08 (9)
- O, I tried them at PFs and gave a quasi-recipe, but Marg found the recipe, bless her heart. - MarilynFL - 3:31pm on 07/18/08
- It would be great on halibut or any fish! I grow a pot of lemongrass as - orchid - 6:33pm on 07/18/08
- Made it tonight. 12 out of 10 .. !! [NT] - Marg CDN - 3:51am on 07/20/08
- Just a note. It isn't worth saving to snack on cold. It becomes very salty in flavour. Such a - Marg CDN - 2:17pm on 07/21/08
- It was sparse so I poured the cooked marinade over the noodles and - orchid - 6:38pm on 07/21/08
- Yep. I did that as well. It was almost enough for me but H has this gag thing & nothing can go - Marg CDN - 6:47pm on 07/21/08
- What size shrimp did you use? The largest I have are 21-25, is that big enough? [NT] - Curious1 - 5:22pm on 07/22/08
- Sure, why not? I happen to have 16-20 at the moment but would have - orchid - 1:08am on 07/23/08
- Thanks! [NT] - Curious1 - 4:20pm on 07/23/08