Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lisa - LA||
Review of Nutmeg Doughnut Muffins - Mmm!
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #11950 at 1:31 am on Sep 14, 2008
Whoops - I hit return too soon!
As soon as I saw the recipe that charlie posted:
I printed it out and it landed on top of the to-try pile. Then I read the link that Pat posted in the same thread to another version of the recipe, plus the accompanying article from Fine Cooking:
Basically - the recipe charlie posted is the the halved version of the one printed in Fine Cooking, but the biggest difference is that it advises rolling the muffins in powdered sugar vs cinnamon sugar as the Fine Cooking recipe states. I figured I'd try both ways - all in the interests of food science, of course!
This recipe will definitely become part of my regular repertoire - and we had a tie between favoring cinnamon sugar and powdered sugar -taste wise, and in the looks department, cinnamon sugar wins hands down, so try both!
Let's see if I can get my picture to post here:
<a href="http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/Finer_Kitchens/LisainLA/?action=view¤t=P9120477.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/Finer_Kitchens/LisainLA/P9120477.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
And here is one of the Taste Testers:
<a href="http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/Finer_Kitchens/LisainLA/?action=view¤t=P9120483.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/Finer_Kitchens/LisainLA/P9120483.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
Other messages in this thread:
- 11950. Review of Nutmeg Doughnut Muffins - Mmm! - LisainLA - 1:31am on 09/14/08 (14)
- Nutmeg Doughnut Muffins 1 - yields 12 [NT] [LINK] - LisainLA - 1:49am on 09/14/08
- A Muffin That Tastes Like A Doughnut recipe and article - yields 24 [NT] [LINK] - LisainLA - 1:50am on 09/14/08
- LisainLa the muffin that tastes like a donut look so delicious have you tried it? I just have to - dianncy1964 - 3:10am on 09/14/08
- Hi Diann - yes I've tried it - they are both the same recipe, in different proportions. - LisainLA - 4:03am on 09/14/08
- I think I will use ginger sugar and cinnamon ~ to kick it up a bit ~ Thanks again for posting the - dianncy1964 - 5:32pm on 09/14/08
- That ginger sugar sounds great, D! [NT] - LisainLA - 7:34pm on 09/14/08
- Glad you liked the recipe--and she's a cutie [NT] - charlie - 11:21am on 09/14/08
- Thanks! [NT] - LisainLA - 8:26pm on 09/15/08
- Heyyy, I was just in Healdsburg yesterday, stopped in Downtown Bakery and Creamery - Pat-NoCal - 12:04am on 09/15/08
- Thank you, Pat. I'm curious - did you notice if the bakery does both versions? - LisainLA - 9:00pm on 09/15/08
- No, they only had cinnamon-sugar topped available. Don't know if they offer the other. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 10:51pm on 09/15/08
- I made these and they're great. Didn't last long. Not overly sweet, and moist. Very similar to the - Shaun in TO - 7:40pm on 09/15/08
- That is one of the reasons I liked them - not overly sweet. Snickerdoodle Muffins will be next! [NT] - LisainLA - 9:01pm on 09/15/08
- The Snickerdoodle Muffins are so so so delicious ~it's a keeper :) we loved them here [NT] - dianncy1964 - 11:06pm on 09/15/08