Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Help. Have chicken, lack ideas...
Joined: Feb 5, 2006
Posted to Thread #11952 at 9:19 am on Sep 14, 2008
I have this defrosted chicken that I planned on making for dinner today but - after working 60 hour weeks for the last two months, studying economy part time AND on top of that, getting the house we have renovated in order, all I want now is a chef!*LOL*
I have no energy left for cooking, yet I'm not ready for TV-dinners (too salty for my taste). I try to cook foods that basically cook themselves, so if anyone have a chicken recipe that will cook itself, I'd love to have it.
PS1: I bought fresh corn on the cob yesterday so that's what I'm serving with the chicken.
PS2: It's just going to be me and Better Half so I don't need anything fancy.
"I Love Cooking With Wine. Sometimes I Even Put It In The Food."
Other messages in this thread:
- 11952. Help. Have chicken, lack ideas... - EvaN - 9:19am on 09/14/08 (24)
- REC: Silver Palate Chicken... - charlie - 10:55am on 09/14/08
- Paul Bocuse's REC: Chicken in Vinegar Sauce... - charlie - 11:02am on 09/14/08
- REC: Chicken with Mustard & Tarragon Cream Sauce.... - charlie - 11:05am on 09/14/08
- How can you go wrong with mustard, brandy, cream and tarragon? Yummmy! [NT] - PatBastrop - 1:14pm on 09/14/08
- REC: Jean Anderson's Oven-Fried Chicken... - charlie - 11:14am on 09/14/08
- Chicken with Brown Rice - This one does cook itself. - rhoward2va - 12:52pm on 09/14/08
- Chicken Backed in Foil - rhoward2va - 12:53pm on 09/14/08
- Chicken Baked in Foil - BBQ - rhoward2va - 12:54pm on 09/14/08
- The sound of this sauce is making my mouth water, I love piquant sauces. Do you use - Pat-NoCal - 12:02am on 09/15/08
- I use good old French's prepared mustard [NT] - rhoward2va - 1:45am on 09/15/08
- If you don't mind firing up the oven -- a roast chicken that cooks itselfQ - PatBastrop - 1:31pm on 09/14/08
- That one's a favorite here too. Sometimes I do two chickens so I can have extra [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 11:42pm on 09/14/08
- This is what we're having for dinner tonight. Parmesan chicken on salad bed. - emtd - 3:24pm on 09/14/08
- My fave, very old and simple: Tarragon, Mustard Chicken - Marg CDN - 3:51pm on 09/14/08
- Marg, do you pour the mustard tarragon sauce over the chicken prior to - Pat-NoCal - 11:59pm on 09/14/08
- Oh, this shoes how old the recipe is. Yes it bakes with the chicken. Thanks Pat. [NT] - Marg CDN - 12:33am on 09/15/08
- Sounds like a winner, Marg. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 12:45am on 09/15/08
- Rec: Roast Chicken with Oregano and Lemon. Your fresh corn would go nicely with this. - Pat-NoCal - 4:28pm on 09/14/08
- Sounds great - thanks, Pat! [NT] - Meryl - 9:45pm on 09/14/08
- You're welcome. It's nice served with a good Greek salad too. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 11:39pm on 09/14/08
- Here is my everyday chicken: Put chicken parts in a buttered Pyrex dish, skin side up, - Joe - 4:29pm on 09/14/08
- REC: Pistachi Crusted Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce -- my family adores this! [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 4:17am on 09/16/08
- oh, and you might look at one of the other 28 recipes I posted with this one, at that link *g* [NT] - cheezz - 4:18am on 09/16/08
- rvb posted this handy list of easy chicken preparations. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 7:21pm on 09/24/08