Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This is what we're having for dinner tonight. Parmesan chicken on salad bed.
Joined: Feb 6, 2006
Posted to Thread #11952 at 3:24 pm on Sep 14, 2008
PARMESAN CHICKEN on salad bed
- Used a balsamic dressing from best of bridge.
The lemon vinaigrette was a bit too sour for my taste.
Very pretty presentation. Good for company even though it requires
Frying at the last minute. Will try frying and putting in oven while we have salad or soup.
4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 extra-large eggs
1 tablespoon water
1 1/4 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs – panko if possible
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus extra for serving
Good olive oil
Salad greens for 6, washed and spun dry
1 recipe Lemon Vinaigrette, recipe follows
Pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4-inch thick. You can use either a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate. On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. On a third plate, combine the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan. Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts. Toss the salad greens with lemon vinaigrette. Place a mound of salad on each hot chicken breast. Serve with extra grated Parmesan.
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
1/2 cup good olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Yield: 6 servings
Other messages in this thread:
- 11952. Help. Have chicken, lack ideas... - EvaN - 9:19am on 09/14/08 (24)
- REC: Silver Palate Chicken... - charlie - 10:55am on 09/14/08
- Paul Bocuse's REC: Chicken in Vinegar Sauce... - charlie - 11:02am on 09/14/08
- REC: Chicken with Mustard & Tarragon Cream Sauce.... - charlie - 11:05am on 09/14/08
- How can you go wrong with mustard, brandy, cream and tarragon? Yummmy! [NT] - PatBastrop - 1:14pm on 09/14/08
- REC: Jean Anderson's Oven-Fried Chicken... - charlie - 11:14am on 09/14/08
- Chicken with Brown Rice - This one does cook itself. - rhoward2va - 12:52pm on 09/14/08
- Chicken Backed in Foil - rhoward2va - 12:53pm on 09/14/08
- Chicken Baked in Foil - BBQ - rhoward2va - 12:54pm on 09/14/08
- The sound of this sauce is making my mouth water, I love piquant sauces. Do you use - Pat-NoCal - 12:02am on 09/15/08
- I use good old French's prepared mustard [NT] - rhoward2va - 1:45am on 09/15/08
- If you don't mind firing up the oven -- a roast chicken that cooks itselfQ - PatBastrop - 1:31pm on 09/14/08
- That one's a favorite here too. Sometimes I do two chickens so I can have extra [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 11:42pm on 09/14/08
- This is what we're having for dinner tonight. Parmesan chicken on salad bed. - emtd - 3:24pm on 09/14/08
- My fave, very old and simple: Tarragon, Mustard Chicken - Marg CDN - 3:51pm on 09/14/08
- Marg, do you pour the mustard tarragon sauce over the chicken prior to - Pat-NoCal - 11:59pm on 09/14/08
- Oh, this shoes how old the recipe is. Yes it bakes with the chicken. Thanks Pat. [NT] - Marg CDN - 12:33am on 09/15/08
- Sounds like a winner, Marg. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 12:45am on 09/15/08
- Rec: Roast Chicken with Oregano and Lemon. Your fresh corn would go nicely with this. - Pat-NoCal - 4:28pm on 09/14/08
- Sounds great - thanks, Pat! [NT] - Meryl - 9:45pm on 09/14/08
- You're welcome. It's nice served with a good Greek salad too. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 11:39pm on 09/14/08
- Here is my everyday chicken: Put chicken parts in a buttered Pyrex dish, skin side up, - Joe - 4:29pm on 09/14/08
- REC: Pistachi Crusted Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce -- my family adores this! [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 4:17am on 09/16/08
- oh, and you might look at one of the other 28 recipes I posted with this one, at that link *g* [NT] - cheezz - 4:18am on 09/16/08
- rvb posted this handy list of easy chicken preparations. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 7:21pm on 09/24/08