Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
HA!!!! I LAUGHED and LAUGHED... hubby thinks whoever wrote the recipe should be shot :)
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #12047 at 4:33 am on Sep 25, 2008
I agree with everything you said/did Sandi... my first attempt included the "optional" chocolate chips (never an option as far as I can see). It did indeed rise impressively, without overflowing, and I let it sit a minute in the mug before turning it out. It seemed under-done but we tried it anyway. Yuk.
Second attempt - I decided maybe the chips made it too heavy and decided to immerse my little boat motor in the batter to assure it blended better and maybe lightened it a bit. It had similar results to your adding the baking soda and baking powder. Results were NOT improved.
So.... recipe goes in the trash. Ah well, they can't all be winners!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 12047. Has anyone ever made the 5-minute chocolate cake in a mug?? [LINK] - cheezz - 8:31pm on 09/23/08 (6)
- How much fun is that? - judy-mass - 10:56pm on 09/23/08
- Two people sent me this recipe in an e-mail, so I took that as a sign. Omen is more like it..... - Sandi in Hawaii - 9:37am on 09/24/08
- My thighs are sending you mental roses for your disclosure. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:39am on 09/24/08
- Thank you Sandi for saving us... - judy-mass - 11:47am on 09/24/08
- HA!!!! I LAUGHED and LAUGHED... hubby thinks whoever wrote the recipe should be shot :) - cheezz - 4:33am on 09/25/08
- I made up some of these last year at Christmas for my co-workers kids. they had fun with them. - AngAk - 8:33pm on 09/24/08