Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
YU-UMMM! The apple cake is VERY good.... decided against cupcakes though...
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #12207 at 9:20 pm on Oct 18, 2008
after thinking about it I realized that the cupcakes would not have a long enough baking time to fully cook the apples, so I did it in a 9x13 pan. Then I frosted it with the caramel frosting from Neighbor Dorothy's Heavenly Caramel Cake (which I've posted here a few times). To spruce it up a bit, I crushed up the Hershey Skor toffee bars and sprinkled it on top.
This is definitely going in my "to keep" file!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 12207. RE: post #12122 - Mom's Apple Cake... Meryl, Deb_in_MI, AngAK, dianncy1964... [LINK] - cheezz - 6:11pm on 10/10/08 (20)
- Cheezz, you can use two 9x2-inch rounds minimum. Here's a chart for future reference: [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 7:40pm on 10/10/08
- First: its better to just add the apples into the batter than layering it - dianncy1964 - 8:11pm on 10/10/08
- I agree - better idea to use a 9x13. :) [NT] - Meryl - 8:19pm on 10/10/08
- Dianne, is there any benefit at all in layering the apples? [NT] - Meryl - 10:00pm on 10/10/08
- The apples tend to 'layer' themselves a bit.... - deb-in-MI - 10:28pm on 10/10/08
- Thanks, Deb! [NT] - Meryl - 10:33pm on 10/10/08
- If you layer them, they'll move in the tube pan that's why I just mixed apples into the batter [NT] - dianncy1964 - 6:17am on 10/11/08
- OK - Will just mix them in (if I ever find apples with any taste so I can make this). [NT] - Meryl - 6:41am on 10/11/08
- Just posted it in T&T. [NT] - Meryl - 11:14pm on 10/10/08
- Hey Deb or Diane or Ang - It sounds a little too sweet for me with the 2 cups of sugar - how do you - Meryl - 11:16pm on 10/10/08
- It's not too sweet, I thought so too, but it's not overly sweet, just right [NT] - dianncy1964 - 6:16am on 10/11/08
- Okay, thanks. [NT] - Meryl - 6:38am on 10/11/08
- my apples were quite sweet, so I cut the sugar to 1.5 cups and didn't stir any into the apples, - AngAk - 7:34pm on 10/13/08
- Thanks, Ang. Wow - sweet apples - what are they? I'm so used to tasteless ones! [NT] - Meryl - 7:42pm on 10/13/08
- costco galas, I believe. [NT] - AngAk - 1:31am on 10/14/08
- We go through two 12-pacs of these a week - my kids love them! [NT] - LisainLA - 11:24pm on 10/14/08
- Thanks gals... another question!! Do you think it would work for cupcakes? [LINK] - cheezz - 5:09pm on 10/11/08
- I don't see why not~ but I think they would be Apple Cake Muffins instead of cupcakes [NT] - dianncy1964 - 6:02pm on 10/11/08
- I'm going to do them next weekend, so will let you know how it goes! [NT] - cheezz - 3:53am on 10/12/08
- YU-UMMM! The apple cake is VERY good.... decided against cupcakes though... [IMAGE] - cheezz - 9:20pm on 10/18/08