Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Making your own with marshmallows is really easy! I've attached a Youtube.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #12328 at 2:17 pm on Oct 20, 2008
The only problem I had was I kept using more and more powdered sugar on the counter surface to keep it from sticking.
WRONG! You need to use a bit of Crisco because too much powder will cause the fondant to tighten up and stiffen.
The whole process takes less than 10 minutes.
Bag of marshmallows
bit of Crisco
[you can add flavoring or not]
color to tint. I used the gel stuff.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 12328. Ok, now how cute is this little cupcake all dressed up for Halloween?! [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 6:21am on 10/20/08 (14)
- How adorable! Sure are some creative cooks out there. Thx for posting . . . [NT] - wigs - 11:20am on 10/20/08
- ...and I have white fondant screaming to be used up. Thanks Maria. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:45pm on 10/20/08
- I was going to ask if that was fondant. Is it difficult to make? The fondant I mean ;o) Very cute! [NT] - DawnNYS - 1:57pm on 10/20/08
- Making your own with marshmallows is really easy! I've attached a Youtube. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 2:17pm on 10/20/08
- Thank you. I watched it (liked the music too!) and looks like a fun - DawnNYS - 2:55am on 10/21/08
- Dawn, I poured everything out on my counter and worked it there. I know it was less - MarilynFL - 4:08pm on 10/21/08
- Thanks, Marilyn, for all of your advice! ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 5:52pm on 10/21/08
- I made white chocolate 'plastic' (white chocolate and corn syrup) over the weekend - deb-in-MI - 2:18pm on 10/20/08
- Super easy to make - I started decorating sugar cookies with it too. - CactusSue - 2:21pm on 10/20/08
- Made some strawberry marshmallows over the weekend to use as well! [NT] - CactusSue - 2:34pm on 10/20/08
- please, please, please tell me you used strawberry extract for this! - MarilynFL - 3:04pm on 10/20/08
- You're so funny! Sorry, but...frozen strawberries pureed in the blender... [LINK] - CactusSue - 3:29am on 10/21/08
- thanks for the recipe! I think I could do this. [NT] - AngAk - 7:07pm on 10/20/08
- Casper on a cupcake.-- that's great idea [NT] - BobbiJoAZ - 2:46pm on 10/20/08