Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
and of course don't forget the clotted cream and lemon curd...
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #12346 at 2:48 am on Oct 22, 2008
You can make the curd up to 2 weeks ahead.
Whip 2 tbl. cream cheese with 1 tbl. powdered sugar in a mixer bowl. Slowly add 1/2 pint whipping cream and mix
on medium speed until thick and fluffy.
Note: Serve with scones, between cake layers, etc.
Makes 1-3/4 to 2 cups
5 tbl. butter
2/3 cup lemon juice
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
4 egg yolks
1-1/2 tbl. grated lemon peel, yellow part only
In a 10-12” skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, sugar, whole eggs, egg yolks, and peel. Stir with a whisk to blend well, then return to low heat and stir until mixture thickly coats a metal spoon (8-10 minutes). Pour into small jars; let cool; then cover tightly and refrigerate. This can be kept in the fridge about 2 weeks.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 12346. We are going to have some very dear friends visit us over Christmas and - orchid - 8:16pm on 10/21/08 (31)
- How about some salads for lunch, such as Curried Couscous Salad with Dried Cranberries, Pacific Rim - Meryl - 9:11pm on 10/21/08
- I just went and looked and I already have the Curried Couscous Salad - orchid - 6:18pm on 10/22/08
- I guess it's too hot where you are to serve them some hearty soups for lunch? [NT] - Meryl - 9:14pm on 10/21/08
- Orchid, here are some breakfast casseroles that are very good. - Dawn_MO - 9:39pm on 10/21/08
- yogurt and fruit parfaits are nice to serve. topped with granola. make the yogurt/fruit part ahead - AngAk - 9:57pm on 10/21/08
- be sure to check out the T&T for breakfast ideas. lots of do-aheads there [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 9:58pm on 10/21/08
- Yep, That will be one breakfast. I always have Ina's Granola in a - orchid - 5:28pm on 10/22/08
- Here are some lunch ideas. [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 10:08pm on 10/21/08
- Great stuff here - thanks, Dawn! [NT] - Meryl - 10:18pm on 10/21/08
- Wraps! Great idea and so versatile. Thanks for all these. [NT] - orchid - 5:21pm on 10/22/08
- for breakfast... how about one of those magnificent chocolate croissant bread puddings? [NT] - cheezz - 11:34pm on 10/21/08
- Mmmmmmmm! [NT] - Meryl - 11:44pm on 10/21/08
- If you have rice for dinner, plan on a rice salad for lunch. Here is the basic idea - Joe - 12:25am on 10/22/08
- Printed Joe....I'll make sure I have extra rice just to do this. It will be a - orchid - 5:34pm on 10/22/08
- throw those leftover dinner veggies into a quiche... you can make the crusts ahead. - cheezz - 2:42am on 10/22/08
- Yep, I'll make sure I have the crusts pre-made and frozen. Quiches - orchid - 5:40pm on 10/22/08
- make this up the night before and it rises on your counter - pop in oven next a.m. - mmmmm!!! - cheezz - 2:45am on 10/22/08
- or how about lovely scones for breakfast? you make up the dry ingred. the night before - cheezz - 2:47am on 10/22/08
- and of course don't forget the clotted cream and lemon curd... - cheezz - 2:48am on 10/22/08
- REC: Granola -- this is the most amazing breakfast granola I've ever had - my T&T - cheezz - 2:49am on 10/22/08
- OK, I almost skipped over this one cause anything that sounds like making - orchid - 5:50pm on 10/22/08
- There is NO way you can make hockey pucks from THIS scone recipe... honest, try it! [NT] - cheezz - 1:39am on 10/23/08
- REC: Sesame Veggie Egg Rolls -I make these up and keep them in my freezer for quick lunches - cheezz - 2:52am on 10/22/08
- Ah, this one is right up my alley cheezz. I want to be able to make - orchid - 6:10pm on 10/22/08
- I deep fry them THEN freeze them... you can reheat in the oven, or toaster oven. - cheezz - 1:03am on 11/01/08
- Cheezz, this sounds so good! Is that 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted? Thanks! [NT] - Angiebaby - 9:29pm on 10/22/08
- yes - 1/2 cup! Sorry - I amended the recipe. [NT] - cheezz - 1:01am on 11/01/08
- REC: Perry’s Pineapple Casserole - you can make this up the day before - cheezz - 2:56am on 10/22/08
- Hummm...I'm gonna try this one out in the next few days. It just sounds - orchid - 6:13pm on 10/22/08
- This is what I'm talking about!!! Post and you shall receive. I just got home - orchid - 4:29am on 10/22/08
- Thanks so much everyone! Great ideas here and you've helped me - orchid - 6:21pm on 10/22/08