Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #12346 at 2:56 am on Oct 22, 2008
I would suggest cutting the sugar down a little - maybe to 3/4 cup - but this is just so different, and a really delicious side dish
Perry’s Pineapple Casserole
1 cup sugar
6 tbl. flour
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 20-oz. cans pineapple chunks, drained, and 6 tbl. of the juice reserved
1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
8 tbl. (1 stick) butter, melted, plus extra for greasing the pan
Preheat oven to 350 deg.
Grease a medium size casserole dish the butter.
In large bowl, stir together sugar and flour. Gradually stir in cheese and pineapple chunks. Pour into casserole dish.
In another bowl, combine the Ritz crumbs, melted butter and reserved 6 tbl. pineapple juice, stirring with a rubber spatula until evenly blended. Spread crumb mixture over top of casserole.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 12346. We are going to have some very dear friends visit us over Christmas and - orchid - 8:16pm on 10/21/08 (31)
- How about some salads for lunch, such as Curried Couscous Salad with Dried Cranberries, Pacific Rim - Meryl - 9:11pm on 10/21/08
- I just went and looked and I already have the Curried Couscous Salad - orchid - 6:18pm on 10/22/08
- I guess it's too hot where you are to serve them some hearty soups for lunch? [NT] - Meryl - 9:14pm on 10/21/08
- Orchid, here are some breakfast casseroles that are very good. - Dawn_MO - 9:39pm on 10/21/08
- yogurt and fruit parfaits are nice to serve. topped with granola. make the yogurt/fruit part ahead - AngAk - 9:57pm on 10/21/08
- be sure to check out the T&T for breakfast ideas. lots of do-aheads there [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 9:58pm on 10/21/08
- Yep, That will be one breakfast. I always have Ina's Granola in a - orchid - 5:28pm on 10/22/08
- Here are some lunch ideas. [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 10:08pm on 10/21/08
- Great stuff here - thanks, Dawn! [NT] - Meryl - 10:18pm on 10/21/08
- Wraps! Great idea and so versatile. Thanks for all these. [NT] - orchid - 5:21pm on 10/22/08
- for breakfast... how about one of those magnificent chocolate croissant bread puddings? [NT] - cheezz - 11:34pm on 10/21/08
- Mmmmmmmm! [NT] - Meryl - 11:44pm on 10/21/08
- If you have rice for dinner, plan on a rice salad for lunch. Here is the basic idea - Joe - 12:25am on 10/22/08
- Printed Joe....I'll make sure I have extra rice just to do this. It will be a - orchid - 5:34pm on 10/22/08
- throw those leftover dinner veggies into a quiche... you can make the crusts ahead. - cheezz - 2:42am on 10/22/08
- Yep, I'll make sure I have the crusts pre-made and frozen. Quiches - orchid - 5:40pm on 10/22/08
- make this up the night before and it rises on your counter - pop in oven next a.m. - mmmmm!!! - cheezz - 2:45am on 10/22/08
- or how about lovely scones for breakfast? you make up the dry ingred. the night before - cheezz - 2:47am on 10/22/08
- and of course don't forget the clotted cream and lemon curd... - cheezz - 2:48am on 10/22/08
- REC: Granola -- this is the most amazing breakfast granola I've ever had - my T&T - cheezz - 2:49am on 10/22/08
- OK, I almost skipped over this one cause anything that sounds like making - orchid - 5:50pm on 10/22/08
- There is NO way you can make hockey pucks from THIS scone recipe... honest, try it! [NT] - cheezz - 1:39am on 10/23/08
- REC: Sesame Veggie Egg Rolls -I make these up and keep them in my freezer for quick lunches - cheezz - 2:52am on 10/22/08
- Ah, this one is right up my alley cheezz. I want to be able to make - orchid - 6:10pm on 10/22/08
- I deep fry them THEN freeze them... you can reheat in the oven, or toaster oven. - cheezz - 1:03am on 11/01/08
- Cheezz, this sounds so good! Is that 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted? Thanks! [NT] - Angiebaby - 9:29pm on 10/22/08
- yes - 1/2 cup! Sorry - I amended the recipe. [NT] - cheezz - 1:01am on 11/01/08
- REC: Perry - cheezz - 2:56am on 10/22/08
- Hummm...I'm gonna try this one out in the next few days. It just sounds - orchid - 6:13pm on 10/22/08
- This is what I'm talking about!!! Post and you shall receive. I just got home - orchid - 4:29am on 10/22/08
- Thanks so much everyone! Great ideas here and you've helped me - orchid - 6:21pm on 10/22/08