Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Pistachio and Toasted Coconut Chocolate Bark
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #12380 at 6:47 pm on Oct 24, 2008
PISTACHIO AND TOASTED COCONUT CHOCOLATE BARK
1 cup (250 ml) shelled unsalted pistachios
1 cup (250 ml) sweetened flaked coconut (From the poster: "I prefer unsweetened)"
1 pound (500g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped coarse
1/4 cup (50 ml) shelled unsalted pistachios, chopped fine
2 ounces (60g) white chocolate, chopped coarse
1/4 tsp (1 ml) vegetable oil
Line baking sheet with wax paper; set aside.
Spread 250 ml (1 cup) pistachios and coconut on large rimmed baking sheet and bake at 350 F (180 C) for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes, until fragrant and coconut is pale golden.
Put bittersweet chocolate in heatproof bowl set over saucepan of hot, not simmering water until chocolate is melted and smooth.
Stir in toasted pistachios and coconut.
Pour chocolate mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread evenly with offset metal spatula until about 1/4 inch ( 5mm) thick. Immediately sprinkle with 1/4 cup (50 ml) finely chopped pistachios; gently pat nuts to set them in the chocolate without submerging them.
Melt white chocolate with oil in clean bowl. Using fork, drizzle over finely chopped pistachios.
Refrigerate until chocolate is cold and hard. Remove from refrigerator and while still cold, break candy into large pieces.
To store, layer candy between layers of wax paper in airtight container and store in cool place for up to 3 weeks.
Makes about 30 pieces.
Source: Food Section of Vancouver Sun Dec 7, 2005
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 12380. Anyone have new candy recipes since last year? - GayleMO - 3:26pm on 10/24/08 (19)
- REC: Peanut Candy... I've got to come up with a better name for this... - cheezz - 4:17pm on 10/24/08
- Looks great..but 2 lbs white chocolate?! - GayleMO - 5:55pm on 10/24/08
- Going there now..thx! - GayleMO - 5:56pm on 10/24/08
- Egads. *sigh Sorry bout that, Dawn. [NT] - GayleMO - 5:57pm on 10/24/08
- Doesn't have to be expensive stuff.. use bark if you find it... Trader Joe's is good source [NT] - cheezz - 7:04pm on 10/25/08
- Hi Gayle, check your personal email. I sent you some recipes to look at. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 4:25pm on 10/24/08
- Gayle, here are a few recipes from my files that sound excellent: [NT] - Meryl - 6:42pm on 10/24/08
- Dark Chocolate Bark with Walnuts and Dried Cherries [LINK] - Meryl - 6:43pm on 10/24/08
- Almond Roca [LINK] - Meryl - 6:44pm on 10/24/08
- Marilyn's English Toffee (no, not our Marilyn):) Had great reviews on the Cook's Illustrated Forum - Meryl - 6:46pm on 10/24/08
- Pistachio and Toasted Coconut Chocolate Bark - Meryl - 6:47pm on 10/24/08
- This is one I'm adding to my gift boxes this year. Pecan and Salted Caramel Candy [NT] [LINK] - CynUpstateNY - 7:28pm on 10/24/08
- Gale Gand's REC: Cashew-Cinnamon Brittle... - charlie - 8:05pm on 10/24/08
- REC: Chewy Nut Toffee... - charlie - 8:09pm on 10/24/08
- Marilyn, quick! Transmogrify foil helmet back to Hawaii!!! [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 4:17am on 10/25/08
- sorry...what did you say? Can't hear you. I'm huddled under it, wimpering. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:28pm on 10/25/08
- ROFL! [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:37pm on 10/25/08
- we need a bigger helmet... it's going to get crowded with ME under there too!!! [NT] - cheezz - 7:05pm on 10/25/08
- Thanks everyone! These look great! - GayleMO - 4:12pm on 10/25/08