Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here's a technique that I want to learn--he uses it quite often
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #12391 at 6:50 pm on Oct 25, 2008
...making horizontal, vertical, and diagonal strips:
This striping technique involves "cigarette paste" (butter + sugar + egg white + flour + coloring tint) and a thin cake batter.
The colored paste is thinly spread on a piece of Silpat. Then it is "combed" to "remove" stripes of color and chilled. Then a thin layer of giocanda batter (something like a genoise or sponge cake) is spread over the colored strips, filling in the missing spaces. It's baked and then portions of it are cut to line the perimeters of cake pans.
Typically, round layers of other baked cake and mousse filling are stacked inside.
[By the way, that carnation in the middle is pure chocolate.]
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 12391. Here's why I love my library so much....they "borrowed" a copy of Pierre Herme's "La Patisserie" - MarilynFL - 6:33pm on 10/25/08 (8)
- Here's a technique that I want to learn--he uses it quite often - MarilynFL - 6:50pm on 10/25/08
- Holy cow, that looks gorgeous! I've never attempted it myself but I've seen it done. - Traca - 9:08pm on 10/25/08
- Still not cheap but I found this brand new copy for less than the price you listed - beautiful book! [NT] [LINK] - Gecko - 9:46pm on 10/27/08
- LOL! At over $150...no wonder I never bought that book. Marilyn, I have Pierre - Traca - 10:22pm on 10/27/08
- Traca, that's an excellent idea...I can get both from my library and make a decision - MarilynFL - 11:59am on 10/28/08
- I'm thinking they're a nice place to get started. And from what I can tell - Traca - 1:00pm on 10/28/08
- Thanks Gecko! [nice to see you!!!]. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:58am on 10/28/08
- hey gecko! - good to see you. [NT] - rvb - 10:34pm on 11/03/08