Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Pat-NoCal Here is the Asian Chicken Livers. Hope you like them as much as we do. Let me know if
Joined: Dec 28, 2005
Posted to Thread #12397 at 6:06 pm on Oct 26, 2008
you try them.
Asian Chicken Livers - from
More Fast Food My Way by Jacques Pepin
“These livers, which are poached and served in a hot sauce, are a fabulous appetizer. The sauce, which can be made ahead, is also good with steamed fish, as a seasoning for salad, or sprinkled over steamed vegetables. The livers take only about 2 minutes to cook.
Cut about 5 chicken livers in half. Remove and discard any sinew that was connecting the halves. Cut the halves in half again. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Put the liver pieces in a sieve. Meanwhile, in a bowl large enough to accommodate the livers, mix 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce with 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon chopped garlic, 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, 1-1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, 2 tablespoons water and 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro. When the water in the pot is boiling, lower the sieve containing the liver pieces into the water and cook for about 2 minutes. The water will have barely come back to a boil. Remove the livers; they should be pink inside. Add to the bowl of sauce and mix well.
Serve with chopsticks or forks.” (I use toothpicks El)
NOTE: I drop a small amount of chicken livers at a time into boiling water and scoop them out with a sieve. I don’t like the liver too pink so I simmer them just a tad longer. I found that some people that don’t care for liver, like this. I dont usually use cilantro. (El)
Other messages in this thread:
- 12397. Pat-NoCal Here is the Asian Chicken Livers. Hope you like them as much as we do. Let me know if - Elenor - 6:06pm on 10/26/08 (6)
- OMG - those sound fabulous! I've got some great livers in the freezer, might have to try these soon [NT] - Music City Missy - 6:51pm on 10/26/08
- This is absolutely on my to-try list! [NT] - Joe - 7:08pm on 10/26/08
- Elenor, Pat-NoCal, MCM, Joe.... you've ALL lost points with me!!! heeheehee [NT] - cheezz - 9:59pm on 10/26/08
- Have a little bourbon--it'll help LOL [NT] - charlie - 10:06pm on 10/26/08
- Oh Charlie - I love love bourbon. Has to be Jim Beam though - no Wild Turkey - Elenor - 11:50pm on 10/26/08
- Oh my, these sound great, thank you for sharing them Elenor. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:39am on 10/27/08