Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Risotto al Limone - mmmmm, decadence on a spoon...
Joined: Dec 20, 2005
Posted to Thread #12502 at 2:10 am on Nov 6, 2008
I love this risotto, it's so different than all the other kinds and the lemon is just so nice, especially with Meyers.
Risotto with lemon
5 c light meat or vegetable stock
4 T unsalted butter
1 T olive oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
11/4 c Arborio rice
1/2 unwaxed lemon - zested and juiced
5-6 sage leaves
leaves from a small spring of rosemary
1 egg yolk
1/4 c grated Parmesan
1/2 c whipping cream
salt and pepper
Bring the broth to a gentle simmer and keep simmering.
Heat half the butter, the olive oil, shallots, and celery in a heavy saucepan, saute until softened, ~7 min. Add rice, and stir until rice is well coated and partly translucent, 1-2 minutes.
Start timer for 15 minutes and pour over 2/3 c of stock and stir, simmering, until nearly absorbed. Add another ladleful of broth and continue to simmer and stir, adding more broth as the rice absorbs the stock. Generally when you can draw a spoon through the rice and it leaves a clear path on the bottom is when it is time to add more stock. In total, risotto takes 15-20 minutes to cook. You may not use all of the stock.
Meanwhile, chop lemon zest with herbs until fine. Mix into the rice 1/2 through cooking time.
Mix lemon juice with egg yolk, Parmesan, cream, a little salt and a generous grinding of pepper.
When the rice is al dente, remove pan from heat, stir in egg and cream mixture and the remaining butter. Cover and let sit off heat 2 minutes or so. Stir energetically and then serve at once.
Wonderful with fish and chicken, veal and just on its own!
Serves 4 as a first course or 3 as a main course.
From Anna Del Conte
I especially like making this in my Le Crueset tomato pot! :-D
"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
Other messages in this thread:
- 12502. ISO: Lemon rice recipe with cream as an ingredient. I've lost mine, anyone have one? [NT] - Curious1 - 4:30pm on 11/04/08 (12)
- I have a great lemon risotto recipe that is finished with cream and egg yolk at the end >>> - Heather_in_SF - 2:10pm on 11/05/08
- Yes, I'm interested...please boot and post...lol. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 11:33pm on 11/05/08
- REC: Risotto al Limone - mmmmm, decadence on a spoon... - Heather_in_SF - 2:10am on 11/06/08
- Heather, this looks wonderful. I found my recipe, but made an almond rice and roni instead. [NT] - Curious1 - 6:46am on 11/06/08
- Please share your recipe :-) [NT] - LisainLA - 12:33pm on 11/06/08
- It's actually called Kristine's Wonderful Pilaf and I got it from the old Swap. I found it on a good [LINK] - Curious1 - 4:53pm on 11/06/08
- Hi Curious! I am pretty sure that his came from Michelle in CA - Dawn_MO - 5:31pm on 11/06/08
- Thanks for the clarification, I have a problem deciphering some of their entries. [NT] - Curious1 - 6:50am on 11/07/08
- If I am not mistaken, that is a CathyZ recipe. I have a funny story about making this recipe - LisainLA - 6:51pm on 11/06/08
- Thanks Lisa, I try to keep track of the recipe orgins, but I am not always great. - Dawn_MO - 9:00pm on 11/06/08
- Oh My! This looks wonderful! Shall try soon - thanks! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 7:23am on 11/06/08
- Sure does sound decadent and I'll bet it looks great in your LC tomato pot. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 12:20pm on 11/06/08