Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Breakfast Croissant Casserole
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #27 at 6:46 pm on Sep 21, 2009
I thought this looked easy and good. Maybe nice for Mother's Day. From Recipezaar.
Croissant Breakfast Casserole" ~ by MarieAlice
This is a no fail recipe! Easy for the beginner cook, and looks very
elegant. Can be doubled and tripled with no problem!
4 plain croissants
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Split croissants in half and place bottoms cut side up in one
layer in a rectangular casserole.
2. Melt butter in a fry pan.
3. Saute mushrooms and green onion until tender and liquid has
4. Set aside.
5. Beat together eggs and milk.
6. Pour half over croissants, layer mushroom mixture and cheeses
on top, then pour over remaining liquid.
7. Position croissant tops over the bottoms, cut side down.
8. Let stand over night in the refrigerator.
9. Bake at 350*F for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
10. Cover with foil if browns too quickly.
Other messages in this thread:
- 27. Breakfast Croissant Casserole - deb-in-MI - 6:46pm on 09/21/09 (1)
- I second this one. The tops of the croissants get golden and flaky. Very forgiving. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 11:12pm on 07/25/14