Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #29 at 10:18 pm on Dec 29, 2005
1/4 cup (50 mL) butter or less
2 1/2 or 3 lb (1.5 K) frying chicken, quartered or 4 chicken breasts
Salt & Pepper
1/2 cup (100 mL) diced onion
1 small clove of garlic, crushed
2 tbsps. (30 mL) flour
1 tsp. (5 mL) dried rosemary leaves
3/4 cup (150 mL) dry white table wine
1 cup (200 mL) light cream ( I used skim evaporated milk)
Heat oven to 300 F
1. Heat butter in heavy skillet that can go into the oven.
2. Wash chicken pieces. Dry on paper towels. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
3. Brown well on both sides in hot butter. Remove from pan. Add onion and garlic to drippings in the pan and cook gently until onion is tender. Sprinkle in flour and rosemary and stir to blend. Remove from heat and stir in wine. Return chicken to pan, meaty side down. Cover tightly (use foil if pan has no cover) and bake about 45 minutes or until chicken is
tender, turning pieces for last 15 minutes.
4. Remove pan from oven and put chicken pieces on hot platter or on serving plates. Add cream to juices in pan, heat just to boiling point and pour over chicken. Serves 2 to 4
A Margo Oliver Recipe
Other messages in this thread:
- 29. ROSEMARY CHICKEN - Sylvia - 10:18pm on 12/29/05 (0)