Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Arroz Con Pollo
Joined: Mar 4, 2006
Posted to Thread #83 at 2:20 pm on Jan 30, 2009
3 lbs. assorted chicken pieces
1 tbsp. achiote powder
1 tbsp. ground cumin
1/2 tbsp. ground coriander
10 cloves garlic, crushed
2-3 tbsp. oil or butter
1 white onion, diced about 2 cups
2 stalks celery, finely diced
4 roma tomatoes, peeled and diced
1 bell pepper diced
1 cup of beer or wine
1-1/2 cups water or broth
2 cups rice
2 medium carrots, diced
1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
3 tbsp. finely choped cilantro
salt and pepper
1. Mix the crushed garlic, achiote powder, cumin, coriander and salt together.
2. Rub the garlic seasoning on the chicken pieces.
3. Heat oil or butter on medium high heat in large saute pan.
4. Add the diced onions, tomatoes, bell pepper and celery, mix well and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add 1 cup of beer or wine, cook for about 20-25 minutes over medium heat until the liquid is reduced by half, stir frequently.
6. Add broth or water, rice,peas and carrots, mix well.
7. Cover and Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
8. Reduce the heat to low and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the rice is tender but still slightly firm.
9.Stir in the chopped cilantro and serve with ripe fried plantains, a small salad, pickled onions, avocado slices and hot sauce on the side.
From Laylita's Recipes
Other messages in this thread:
- 83. Arroz Con Pollo - GailNJ - 2:20pm on 01/30/09 (0)