Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #120 at 7:22 pm on Sep 13, 2010
SPINACH STUFFED MUSHROOMS
(I rubbed the mushrooms with a little salt to give them extra flavor).
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
24 large mushrooms, stems removed and stems chopped, set aside
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup onions, finely diced
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 1/2 cups spinach, finely chopped (I used about 2 cups, packed)
3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (I used Parmigiano Reggiano)
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Oil a cookie sheet with 1 tbsp oil and place mushroom caps, face up on it.
3. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat, and allow to melt. Add onions and thyme.
4. When onions begin to brown add chopped mushroom stems, spinach and bread crumbs.
5. Continue to cook on medium to high heat until tender and moisture has evaporated approximately 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat. Add parmesan, salt & pepper, stir well.
7. Stuff each mushroom with filling - use all the filling.
8. Sprinkle oil over the caps. (The recipe does not indicate how much oil, so I drizzled a small amount)
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
6 servings or 24 mushroom caps
posted by Bergy, Recipezaar - Edited by Meryl
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 120. Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms [LINK] - Meryl - 7:22pm on 09/13/10 (0)