Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Georgian Spicy Roast Pork with Pomegranate Sauce (Shemtsvari Ghoris Khortsi Brotseulis Satsebelit)
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #37 at 5:29 pm on Mar 5, 2008
3 tbls. sweet paprika
2 tsp. hot paprika
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp each of fenugreek, ground cumin, and coarse salt
1 pork shoulder roast, 6 lbs.
6 large cloves garlic, slivered
1 cup beef broth
chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Combine spices, stir in water to make paste. Stir in garlic.
Make slits in the roast and insert the slivers of garlic as deep as possible.
Spread remaining past over roast, cover and marinate for 12 hours or more.
Place roast in 400F. oven, in a roasting pan, with the broth poured in the bottom. Reduce the temp to 325 after 30 minutes. Baste with drippings. Roast until done, about 3.5 hours.
Remove from oven and let stand 15 min. before carving. Arrange slices on platter, poor pomegranate sauce down center, sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro.
Reduce 2 cups pomegranate juice, 1 cup beef stock, and 2 cups cabernet by half.
Add 3 cloves of chopped garlic and a handful of minced fresh cilantro.
Make a roux with 3 tbls. butter and flour. Stir in strained hot reduced liquid and stir to make gravy. Salt and pepper to taste. Add a 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds.
Other messages in this thread:
- 37. Sakartvelo--Democratic Republic of Georgia--Feast - Richard in Cincy - 5:26pm on 03/05/08 (6)
- Beet Caviar with Walnuts and Prunes (Svyloka s Orekhami i Chernoslivom) - Richard in Cincy - 5:27pm on 03/05/08
- Spiced Feta (Brinza) - Richard in Cincy - 5:28pm on 03/05/08
- Georgian Spicy Roast Pork with Pomegranate Sauce (Shemtsvari Ghoris Khortsi Brotseulis Satsebelit) - Richard in Cincy - 5:29pm on 03/05/08
- Red Beans with Plum Balsamic Dressing (Lobio Tkemali) - Richard in Cincy - 5:30pm on 03/05/08
- Georgian Pilaf with Almonds, Raisins, and Orange (Plov s Mindalyom, Izyumom i Apelsinovoy Tsedroy) - Richard in Cincy - 5:31pm on 03/05/08
- Orange Buttercream Torte (Pomiranchiviy Tort) - Richard in Cincy - 5:31pm on 03/05/08