Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
"Tukpa" Tibetan Monastery Noodle Soup
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #38 at 1:29 pm on May 1, 2008
After the recipe by Betty Jung in
The Kopan Cookbook: Vegetarian Recipes from a Tibetan Monastery.
A traditional Tibetan dish.
1/4 C. butter
1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh ginger root, minced
1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
1 c. red onion, diced
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. Kopan masala
1 c. potato, parboiled and cubed
1 c. fresh tomatoes, chopped
4-5 c. water
1/4 lb. fresh flat egg noodles (I use 1 9-oz. plastic pkg. egg linguine)
1/2 c. fresh spinach, chopped
1-2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add ginger, garlic, and red onion. Stir-fry over medium to medium-high heat for l minute.
Add turmeric, curry powder, chili powder, and masala. Mix well and stir fry for 1/2 a minute.
Add potatoes and tomatoes. Stir-fry 1 more minute.
Add water and bring to a boil.
Add egg noodles and boil for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Add spinach and boil for another 1-2 minutes. If soup is too thick, add more water.
Season with soy sauce. Salt and pepper to taste.
Remove from heat and serve hot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 38. Tibetan Feast - Richard in Cincy - 1:27pm on 05/01/08 (6)
- "Tukpa" Tibetan Monastery Noodle Soup - Richard in Cincy - 1:29pm on 05/01/08
- Lamb Momos (Tibetan Lamb and Kale Dumpling) - Richard in Cincy - 1:31pm on 05/01/08
- Khote Momos - Richard in Cincy - 1:32pm on 05/01/08
- Potato Curry - Richard in Cincy - 1:34pm on 05/01/08
- "Tse Tofu" Greens with Tofu - Richard in Cincy - 1:34pm on 05/01/08
- "Burfi" Tibetan Sweetened Cream Cheese Cake - Richard in Cincy - 1:37pm on 05/01/08