Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Pineapple Upside-down Cake
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #41 at 5:55 pm on Jun 10, 2008
I've tried scratch versions but I like this Bisquick version the best. A double recipe fits a 10 x 15" Pyrex dish.
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
1-1/2 (20 oz.) cans sliced pineapple (12 slices)
14 maraschino cherries
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup pecans
Bisquick Velvet Crumb Cake (below)
Grand Marnier Syrup, optional (below)
Drain cherries and pineapple slices and dry on paper towels.
Melt butter in a 10" cast-iron skillet. Stir in brown sugar. Remove from heat.
Place one slice of pinapple in the center of the skillet and 7 more around it. Cut the rest of the slices in half and arrange around the sides. Place a cherry in each pineapple hole, in the half-slices too, and tuck pecans into the gaps.
Pour on cake batter. Bake at 350*F 40-45 minutes.
Unmold while still hot. Drizzle with Grand Marnier syrup (optional) and let cool.
BISQUICK VELVET CRUMB CAKE
1-1/2 cups Bisquick
3/4 cup sugar
3 T. soft butter
3/4 cups milk
1 tsp. vanilla
GRAND MARNIER SYRUP
Combine 2 Tbs. each:
Stir until sugar is dissolved. Reheat in the microwave if necessary to dissolve the sugar.
Other messages in this thread:
- 41. Tropical Pool Party - Joe - 4:57pm on 06/10/08 (16)
- REC: Coconut Shrimp with Tamarind Ginger Sauce [LINK] - Joe - 5:05pm on 06/10/08
- REC: Spicy Black Bean Cakes [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 5:07pm on 06/10/08
- REC: Queso-stuffed Jalapenos. Substitute queso fresco for the feta in this recipe. [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 5:10pm on 06/10/08
- REC: Scallops Broiled with Prosciutto [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 5:12pm on 06/10/08
- REC: Warm Chicken, Mango and Avocado Salad [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 5:15pm on 06/10/08
- REC: Sylvia's jerk marinade. We used it to marinate beef kebabs overnight. YUM! [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 5:18pm on 06/10/08
- Sylvia's Ginger Green Beans are in the same post. [NT] - Joe - 5:23pm on 06/10/08
- Sausages: Italian, Portugese, and "Jamaican Mango." Steamed ahead and chilled, then grilled. [NT] - Joe - 5:26pm on 06/10/08
- Cilantro Coconut Rice [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 5:27pm on 06/10/08
- Coriander and Cumin Flatbread [LINK] - Joe - 5:37pm on 06/10/08
- Cucumber Salad: Thinly slice unpeeled English cucumbers (3-packs at Costco), red onion and red bell - Joe - 5:39pm on 06/10/08
- REC: Pineapple Upside-down Cake - Joe - 5:55pm on 06/10/08
- the difference in the recipe I found was 1/2 c milk, 1/2 c sugar and 2T oil. - AngAk - 9:57pm on 08/17/09
- REC: Ginger Almond Wafers [LINK] - Joe - 5:58pm on 06/10/08
- REC: White Chocolate Coconut Cream Bars [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 6:00pm on 06/10/08
- REC: Lemon Bars. (Something like Key Lime Bars might be more apropo, but these were non-negotiable) [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 6:02pm on 06/10/08