Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Shaun in TO||
Red Bell Peppers Stuffed with Tomato and Anchovy
Joined: Mar 12, 2006
Posted to Thread #45 at 1:13 pm on Aug 19, 2008
From Viana La Place and Evan Kleiman, "Cucina Fresca"
These are also good with quartered or halved black olives. I also leaves the stems on -- looks nicer.
4 red, yellow or orange bell peppers
4 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
6 anchovy fillets
3 tbsp olive oil
Coarse salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, remove the stems, seeds, and thick ribs or membranes, and arrange cut side up in a shallow baking dish. Place 1 to 2 tbsp of chopped tomato in each pepper half and an anchovy fillet on top. Drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil over each pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake for about 45 minutes or until the peppers have softened. Reserve any juice that has collected in the dish. Cool the peppers, then arrange on a serving platter. Moisten with the reserved juices.
Other messages in this thread:
- 45. Italian Summer Lunch (1) [NT] - Shaun in TO - 12:32pm on 08/19/08 (8)
- Schiacciata con l'uva (Tuscan Focaccia with Grapes) [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 12:37pm on 08/19/08
- Cheese course with crostini and red pepper jelly - Shaun in TO - 12:40pm on 08/19/08
- Sardines in carpione (Cold marinated fried sardines) - Shaun in TO - 12:51pm on 08/19/08
- Artichoke frittata [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 12:54pm on 08/19/08
- Tuna-stuffed tomatoes - Shaun in TO - 12:54pm on 08/19/08
- White Bean, Red Onion, Tomato, and Oregano Salad - Shaun in TO - 1:08pm on 08/19/08
- Red Bell Peppers Stuffed with Tomato and Anchovy - Shaun in TO - 1:13pm on 08/19/08
- Crostata di Ricotta (Ricotta Tart) [NT] [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 1:19pm on 08/19/08