Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Pulled pork bbq sandwiches on sweet potato biscuits
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #62 at 9:52 pm on Jul 22, 2009
For the pork, I got a pork shoulder, seasoned with salt/pepper, wrapped tightly in foil, and baked at 325 deg. about 3-1/2 hours until it fell apart. Then just shred it with your fingers and heat with your favorite bbq sauce.
Sweet Potato Biscuits 375̊ F.
cooked SWEET POTATOES (about 1 lb or 2 small)
1/2 cup (1 stick) UNSALTED BUTTER, softened
1/4 cup BROWN SUGAR
2-1/4 cups ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
1 Tbsp BAKING POWDER
3/4 tsp SALT +
1/2 tsp BAKING SODA
scant 1/4 tsp GROUND CINNAMON
1 cup BUTTERMILK
Place 1 cup sweet potato into large bowl (save any remaining for another use or batch.) Add butter and brown sugar and beat until smooth. Sift flour, baking powder, salt baking soda and cinnamon into medium bowl. Mix dry ingredients into sweet potato mixture alternately with buttermilk in 3 additions, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
Transfer dough to generously floured surface, roll to 3/4" inch thickness and using a 2-1/4" inch round cookie cutter, cut out biscuits. (Careful not to twist cutter as you press out biscuits) Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet. Gather scraps into ball. Re-roll to 3/4" inch thickness. Cut out additional biscuits. Arrange on ungreased baking sheet.
Bake biscuits until golden and puffed, about 25 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to rack and cool slightly. Serve biscuits warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 12 (or more).
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- REC: Honey Nut Pastries - cheezz - 9:44pm on 07/22/09
- REC: Caramel Apple Salad [LINK] - cheezz - 9:46pm on 07/22/09
- REC: Cucumber Sandwiches [LINK] - cheezz - 9:48pm on 07/22/09
- REC: Pimento Cheese Sandwiches [LINK] - cheezz - 9:48pm on 07/22/09
- Note: the pimento filling makes a KILLER grilled cheese sandwich, too! [NT] - cheezz - 8:56pm on 07/23/09
- REC: Cook's Illustrated Lemon Bars [LINK] - cheezz - 9:48pm on 07/22/09
- REC: Patty's Quiche Supreme [LINK] - cheezz - 9:49pm on 07/22/09
- REC: Cream Scones with kumquat curd [LINK] - cheezz - 9:49pm on 07/22/09
- REC: White chocolate raspberry mini cupcakes [LINK] - cheezz - 9:50pm on 07/22/09
- REC: Darn Good Chocolate Cake with chocolate frosting - cheezz - 9:51pm on 07/22/09
- REC: Pulled pork bbq sandwiches on sweet potato biscuits [LINK] - cheezz - 9:52pm on 07/22/09
- and one of the set tables... [NT] [IMAGE] - cheezz - 10:09pm on 07/22/09
- and last but not least, the tea slideshow >> [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 9:47pm on 07/23/09