Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Lebanese Chicken: I like this better cold than hot. I baste it with its juices while it is cooling
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #73 at 4:41 pm on Sep 13, 2010
to glaze it. Since most chickens are larger than the ones called for, I just add all the ingredients with a free hand. The overnight marinade is nice, but not essential:
From Bon Appetit, 1/96.
¾ cup fresh lemon juice
8 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tbs. minced fresh thyme or 2 tsp. dried
1 tbs. paprika
1½ tsp. ground cumin
¾ tsp. cayenne pepper
2 3-pound chickens, split lengthwise, backbones removed and discarded
Salt and pepper
Whisk lemon juice, garlic cloves, thyme, paprika, cumin and cayenne in small bowl. Place chicken in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Pour marinade over; turn chicken to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Transfer chicken and marinade to large roasting pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, basting occasionally with pan juices, about 50 minutes. Transfer to plates. Garnish with lemon. Pass pan juices separately.
Other messages in this thread:
- 73. Hollywood Bowl Picnic - Joe - 4:37pm on 09/13/10 (14)
- Fig-Rye Bread, served with cheeses. [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 4:38pm on 09/13/10
- Pepa's Gazpacho from "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown" - Joe - 4:40pm on 09/13/10
- Lebanese Chicken: I like this better cold than hot. I baste it with its juices while it is cooling [LINK] - Joe - 4:41pm on 09/13/10
- Picnic Potato Salad from Bon Appetit. I always add more eggs, but this time I made deviled eggs [LINK] - Joe - 4:43pm on 09/13/10
- Patricia Wells' Roasted Peppers [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 4:44pm on 09/13/10
- Arugula Salad: it's Pat's Tuscan-style steak salad without the steak. [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 4:45pm on 09/13/10
- Caramelized Orange Tart with Blackberry Sauce [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 4:47pm on 09/13/10
- Hollywood Bowl Picnic 2011 - Joe - 8:18pm on 09/18/11
- Green Olive Tapenade [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 8:19pm on 09/18/11
- Chicken Liver Mousse [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 8:21pm on 09/18/11
- Tortilla Espanola [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 8:22pm on 09/18/11
- Poached Salmon with Cucumber Sauce [LINK] - Joe - 8:24pm on 09/18/11
- Cream Cheese Tarts [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 8:26pm on 09/18/11