Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rump Roast in Beer
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #22 at 6:01 pm on Dec 29, 2005
RUMP ROAST IN BEER
2 tbsp. bacon fat
4 lb. rump roast, prepared
1 onion, peeled and diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. chervil
1/2 tsp. basil
2 tbsp. flour
1 1/4 cups beer
1 cup heated beef stock
few crushed chilies
salt & pepper
sprig fresh mint
* Preheat oven to 350°F.
* Heat 1 tbsp. bacon fat in large braising pot. When hot, add meat and sear 6 to 7 minutes over medium-high heat. Turn meat to brown all sides and season well. Remove meat and set aside.
* Add remaining fat to pot and heat. Mix in onion, celery, carrot and spices; cook 6 to 7 minutes over medium heat. Stir occasionally.
* Mix in flour and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
* Pour in beer; cook 3 to 4 minutes over high heat.
* Stir in beef stock and season well; bring to boil.
* Replace meat in pot and add mint.
Cover and cook 2 1/2 hours in oven.
* Slice meat and serve.
Other messages in this thread:
- 22. Rump Roast in Beer - Sylvia - 6:01pm on 12/29/05 (0)