Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Barbara in VA||
Raspberry Jam Tart with Almond Crumble
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #1 at 1:29 pm on Sep 15, 2014
I do feel a bit guilty as this is such an easy recipe. But, I had just made a bunch of raspberry jam and was looking for a way to use some of it.
Two things I like about this tart other than it being really easy to make. 1. You can use any flavor jam, whatever is in the pantry that needs to be used up, or perhaps jam you just made with the season's ripest berries. 2. The crust is not a typical pie crust. You make the crust in the food processor and just press it into the tart pan. So simple and really delicious!
Raspberry Jam Tart with Almond Crumble, page 787
2 C sliced almonds with skins
2.3 C sugar
1 1/4 sticks (10T) butter, cold, cut into pieces
1 1/4 C flour
rounded 1/4 t saalt
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 C (12oz) raspberry jam
9" fluted tart pan with a removable bottom (if you only have a 10" pan, go ahead and give it a try as I had a little crust left over when I used the 9" pan)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Reserve 1/4 C almonds in a small bowl for topping. Finely grind the remaining 1 3/4 C nuts with sugar in the food processor. Add butter, flour and salt and process until mixture resembles sand.
Transfer 1C flour mixture to bowl of reserved almonds. Add 2T beaten egg (discard remainder or save to mix into tomorrow morning's scrambled eggs!)to remining flour mixture and pulse until mixture begins to clump together. Transfer mixture to the tart pan and press onto bottom and up the sides of the pan with floured fingers.
Bake tart shell for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir raspberry jam in a small bowl to loosen it. Rub reserved almond mixture between palms so it forms small clumps and drop them back into the bowl.
Remove partially baked tart shell from oven and spread jam evenly over bottom. Scatter almond mixture over jam. Bake tart until topping is golden, about 15 miutes. Cool in pan on a rack.
Loosen rim of pan with a knife before removing.
Tart can be made up to 1 day ahead and refrigerated covered. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Other messages in this thread:
- Coffee Coffee Cake with Espresso Glaze - Orchid - 11:59pm on 09/03/14
- Wow, Orchid that is a beautiful cake. Lovely write-up too! It looks moist. - KarenNoCA - 12:00am on 09/04/14
- Looks can be deceiving..to me it was dry. John put it into Photo Bucket - Orchid - 12:01am on 09/04/14
- Another trick is to email the photo from whereever you're storing - MarilynFL - 2:43pm on 09/04/14
- Beautiful Cake! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:52pm on 09/04/14
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting p. 726 - Richard in Cincy - 1:04am on 09/05/14
- Chocolate Macaroons Pages 676-678 - Richard in Cincy - 1:09am on 09/05/14
- Transcendental Barbeque Sauces, Pages 898-899 - Richard in Cincy - 1:20am on 09/05/14
- Penne alla Vodka, Page 217 - Richard in Cincy - 1:25am on 09/05/14
- Stilton Tart with Cranberry Chutney, Pages 34-35 - Richard in Cincy - 1:34am on 09/05/14
- I have made this many times and everyone always loves it. I am with Richard, I use my own cranberry - Barbara in VA - 1:03pm on 09/08/14
- Macaroni and Cheese, Page 223 - Richard in Cincy - 1:38am on 09/05/14
- Seafood Paella, Pages 349-351 - Richard in Cincy - 1:42am on 09/05/14
- Cranberry Cognac Trifle, Pages 718-719 - Richard in Cincy - 1:48am on 09/05/14
- Brazilian-style Black Bean Stew [pg 269] - MarilynFL - 8:43pm on 09/07/14
- 8 oz serving of finished dish [LINK] [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 8:45pm on 09/07/14
- Raspberry Jam Tart with Almond Crumble - Barbara in VA - 1:29pm on 09/15/14
- Raspberry Tart [NT] [LINK] - Barbara in VA - 1:30pm on 09/15/14
- picture [NT] [IMAGE] - AngAk1 - 9:23pm on 09/15/14
- Spice Sugar Cookies page 669 [IMAGE] - AngAk1 - 8:14pm on 09/18/14
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti [pg 685] - MarilynFL - 6:39pm on 09/20/14
- Baked Biscotti [NT] [LINK] [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 6:40pm on 09/20/14
- Pan-Browned Brussels Sprouts, p. 526 - Richard in Cincy - 9:10pm on 09/21/14
- Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, p. 530 - Richard in Cincy - 9:13pm on 09/21/14
- Pommes Dauphine, p 569 - Richard in Cincy - 9:25pm on 09/21/14
- Baked Figs with Grand Marnier and Whipped Cream - cyalexa2 - 1:57am on 09/28/14
- Pistachio Turkey Ballottine with Madeira Sauce - Richard in Cincy - 12:37am on 09/29/14